Author Topic: NEJE 20W Temperature sensor  (Read 606 times)

toromand

• View Profile
NEJE 20W Temperature sensor
« on: September 13, 2019, 11:36:43 PM »
Hi, just installed the NEJE 20w laser head to replace a deteriorated 5.5w module. This one has a temperature measurement wire.

I plan to use a precision V-meter to show the working "temperature". Do you know *exactly* how to wire this? Attaching the original illustration.
So what I understand from the image, I need a voltage reference, and my "temp" wire is IO? Then I measure between IO and GND to get values from the table?

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NEJE 20W Temperature sensor
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 08:48:56 AM »
Please report your burning success. The specs for 12V power have some variance between vendors. Any idea what yours draws?
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

toromand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 08:52:04 AM »
It draws almost 2 amps on 12v but I think the actual cutting results are close to 5.5w laser. Still testing.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 11:30:07 AM »
2A at 12V is 24W of input power. I don't think a diode laser is 80% efficient (would be great if it is). I wonder if a 20W designation is a new Chinese marketing game.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

toromand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 11:36:54 AM »
Seems to be.. Like "music power" for speakers. As I said, seems to be a ~5w laser power.
I wonder what (and where to buy) is the most powerful blue led laser module that can be run at full 100% pwm power.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 05:04:05 AM »
This is slightly worrying, the thermocouple should be used as feedback to the laser driver to control current and prevent it from thermal runaway. I wonder if this is just an additional output and they are already using it internally or if you are supposed to use an external driver with this capability.