Author Topic: .dxf file size  (Read 185 times)

GD George

• View Profile
.dxf file size
« on: November 17, 2019, 02:36:34 PM »
Is there a limit to the dxf file size?  Mine is pretty big and T2 is "not responding" sometimes.  I think I've finally figured out the output settings in Inkscape but the file is 12 megs -- too large to attache here. The .svg is 2,147K so it's large as well.

I can zip 'em up, or post to my server if someone wants to look at them. But I think I'm missing something basic.

Thanks,
Jerry

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: .dxf file size
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 02:46:32 PM »
There has to be something wrong for a DXF to be that large, but no there's not a size limit however make sure DXF optimizer is disabled.

GD George

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 04:04:34 PM »
It's not T2. I waited it out this time and the .dxf looks like it's got z-axis depth or something.  (see attached.) I think it's an Inkscape issue, probably when I convert to paths... I have an article somewhere that I need to look at.

GD George

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 04:05:14 PM »
And by "Inkscape issue," I mean seat | keyboard interface issue...

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 05:07:34 AM »
Either disable LWPolyline in the Inkscape export or upgrade to the latest version of T2Laser. There's a known bug in that exporter but I put a workaround in my loader to compensate.

GD George

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 08:10:19 AM »
Thanks Zax. That helped a bit. How do I change the resolution for the circles.  Or is that too an Inkscape issue?  I'm getting lots of g-code when I thought I should get a much simpler version...  Oh, wait. I wonder if I created the paths correctly.  This would be easier in CAD, but I'm trying to use in Inkscape because of the graphic content.

Jerry

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 12:18:35 PM »
It doesn't matter as circles will be broken up into straight segments to output to the laser anyway, this will still appear to be a smooth curve but the motors are just moving in small segments.