Author Topic: Some of my latest work  (Read 186 times)

wveagle81

• View Profile
    • SpartanDragon Custom Laser Engraving
Some of my latest work
« on: November 21, 2019, 08:39:07 PM »

Hello all, it's been a long time since I posted anything, but I've been working harder than ever to learn this thing that is laser engraving and cutting.  I've recently purchased a "new to me" Epilog 30w CO2 laser and have been busily learning its quirks, along with Corel Draw and now Photoshop.  Plus, I retired from my regular job at the end of September (and went back to work part time) so I do have some more time to work on my laser.

I just finished up my first craft show last weekend, and I did pretty well considering how small the show was.  The other vendors were impressed with what I had, and I had traffic the whole show.  Managed to sell quite a few items, although the ones I thought would go quickly didn't move at all.  You just never know I guess.

Anyway, I'm posting a link below to a dropbox folder where I store all of my finished projects.  Feel free to browse around! Ask questions if you have any.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sy3u340lqqtq71v/AAC9kC8UZlIzCs84foywXFT3a?dl=0

Thanks!

- Dale
- EleksMaker A3 Pro 2.5W
- Endurance Laser 10W Plus
- Paint Shop Pro and T2
- Obstacle Racer and Trail Runner

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Some of my latest work
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 05:05:25 AM »
Nice work Dale, and I agree with you about never knowing what items will sell.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 05:30:22 AM »
You have the laser disease really bad!!!!
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 10:09:46 AM »
very impressive Dale,
Would you mind telling us what you expected to sell and what actually sold? I dont plan on giving up the day job but I am curious as to what sold..
Nice work.
=)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 05:27:04 PM »
I gave up the day jobs and made almost $200US last year selling laser etched coasters. Spent approx $1000 on supplies and tools, 2000 hours on images, 100 hours etching. Can't do the math but Bill Gates probably made more than me.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

wveagle81

• View Profile
    • SpartanDragon Custom Laser Engraving
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 07:05:28 PM »
very impressive Dale,
Would you mind telling us what you expected to sell and what actually sold? I dont plan on giving up the day job but I am curious as to what sold..
Nice work.
=)

I expected the Texas Home and Texas Welcome signs to sell, as well as the Feliz Navidad sign, but it didn't seem that anyone even looked a them.  However, the miniature nativity scenes went fast, as did the nativity crosses.  Some of the earrings sold as did a few of the ornaments.  People were pretty impressed by the light weight of the wooden earrings.  The two Happy Holidays wreaths sold to the same person, and a few of the pencil boxes sold.

- EleksMaker A3 Pro 2.5W
- Endurance Laser 10W Plus
- Paint Shop Pro and T2
- Obstacle Racer and Trail Runner