Author Topic: can't get software to install  (Read 164 times)

linkshouse

• View Profile
can't get software to install
« on: November 23, 2019, 03:36:30 AM »
Good Morning,

I had version 1.3 of T2Laser installed and working okay but haven't used it in vengeance and decided it was about time I did!

I figured I should also update to the latest version at the same time. The online installer kept throwing an error and I thought this might be because the earlier version needed to be uninstalled.

I have uninstalled the software now but still can't get the online installer to work, it keeps going through the verifying author process and then ends saying - Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor.

Please, can you help.

Many thanks.

Phill

donwatson

• View Profile
Re: can't get software to install
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 03:43:58 AM »
Glad to see you again Phill. Sorry I can't help with your problem but if you want something made idiot proof I'm your man  :o
Don W
EDIT Zax will be along soon I'm sure.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 03:45:23 AM by donwatson »

linkshouse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 10:01:14 AM »
Ayup Don, I trust youíre well.

As you have noticed Iíve been somewhat absent from the various woodworking forums.

We bought a motorhome and that has been taking up all my spare time over the last year or so.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 10:01:56 AM by linkshouse »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 12:03:15 PM »
It sounds like something got corrupted, without knowing if it's T2Laser or dot net your best solution is to remove the install folder and reinstall from my server as that will automatically check the dot net configuration and load any files required.

To remove T2Laser:Go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 and delete the sub folders but leave the 2.0 folder (change [username] to your user name). 
To reinstall (run setup.exe):https://t2laser.blob.core.windows.net/install/setup.exe

linkshouse

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 10:26:35 PM »
Thank you for your help.

I tried removing the folders as suggested and then running the installation from the web page and got the same result.

I have pasted the error details below (the strange thing is that it appears to suggest that the operating system is 32bit when I'm pretty sure it is 64bit).

Thank you in advance for your help -

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
   Windows          : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
   Common Language Runtime    : 4.0.30319.34209
   System.Deployment.dll       : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
   clr.dll          : 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
   dfdll.dll          : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
   dfshim.dll          : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
   Deployment url         : https://t2laser.blob.core.windows.net/install/T2Laser.application

ERROR SUMMARY
   Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
   * Activation of https://t2laser.blob.core.windows.net/install/T2Laser.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section.
      + The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
   No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
   There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
   * [24/11/2019 06:20:34] : Activation of https://t2laser.blob.core.windows.net/install/T2Laser.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
   Following errors were detected during this operation.
   * [24/11/2019 06:20:34] System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
      - Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section.
      - Source: System
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Net.Configuration.DefaultProxySectionInternal.GetSection()
         at System.Net.WebRequest.get_InternalDefaultWebProxy()
         at System.Net.HttpWebRequest..ctor(Uri uri, ServicePoint servicePoint)
         at System.Net.HttpRequestCreator.Create(Uri Uri)
         at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri, Boolean useUriBase)
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
         at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
         at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
      - The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized
      - Source: System
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Net.NetworkAddressChangePolled..ctor()
         at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine.AutoDetector.Initialize()
         at System.Net.AutoWebProxyScriptEngine..ctor(WebProxy proxy, Boolean useRegistry)
         at System.Net.WebProxy.UnsafeUpdateFromRegistry()
         at System.Net.Configuration.DefaultProxySectionInternal..ctor(DefaultProxySection section)
         at System.Net.Configuration.DefaultProxySectionInternal.GetSection()

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
   No transaction information is available.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 04:41:45 AM »
That looks like an internet issue, T2Laser installs from a Microsoft secure server but the process also installs any prerequisites required (dot net 4.5) from their servers. It looks like your PC is unable to reach one of these servers.

The defaultProxy is what is specified in IE, so if you can reach the internet it should also install. Is this a Windows 10 system with Edge browser?

linkshouse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 05:00:26 AM »
Zax,

Thank you so much for your time.

It's windows 7 with Internet Explorer.

Regards

Phill

linkshouse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 05:22:55 AM »
Asking which browser I was using gave me an idea, so I tried doing the install using Firefox, but gave the same error message.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 06:45:52 AM »
The install is an executable, you run it from explorer. You can try to right click and run as administrator in case your user is blocked for some reason, the error message says it's unable to open the default proxy to the internet (it requires a secure https connection).

linkshouse

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2019, 10:01:53 AM »
Success!

Running as administrator didn't make any difference but I got a different clue when fiddling with other browsers. This isn't my day to day computer as I'm usually a Mac user.

My preferred browser on the Mac is Google Chrome but that couldn't connect to the Internet. After doing all the updates on Firefox that couldn't connect to the internet either.

As you had said that the problem related to not being able to download various components I figured this could well be related.

I did some research on these problems and found some instructions on using various command-line instructions to reset den and winsock etc.

After doing these Chorme and Firefox could access the Internet.

Then et voila! T2Laser installed fine.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 12:16:57 PM »
Excellent, I'm glad the error messages were helpful for a change.