Author Topic: Controller for T2Laser  (Read 252 times)

mindstorm88

• View Profile
Controller for T2Laser
« on: January 23, 2020, 09:43:10 AM »
Hi guys , what affordable card do i need to be able to use T2 with a K40? C3D and Smoothie are a bit too high for me right now with the exchange rate !!!

Thanks

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Controller for T2Laser
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 09:49:23 AM »
Those are the only drop in boards, with the same connectors for motors etc.

You can use any Grbl controller board (like an Eleks Mana, Cronos Maker etc) but you would need to reconfigure the cables. This is what I did, as I converted mine before the Cohesion was available and it wasn't difficult except for the ribbon cable - soldering to that was near impossible so I just removed the flat cable socket from the original board and used that.

mindstorm88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 09:54:06 AM »
Been in electronics for over 30 years !!! ;D

doing wiring is not a problem at all ( or create interconnect card)etc..!!!!!!

Then wich board would be the best ??

Thanks

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 10:35:37 AM »
I actually like the idea of an interconnect card. It depends how much you plan to add on the machine, mine had a manual Z-axis which I added a motor (hence the Z-focus option in T2Laser) and you probably want to keep limit switches etc.

The Eleks Mana CNC has 3-axis and connectors for all these features, the Cronos Maker is similar and also supports an offline controller (run from SD card, which is what I use on my CNC so the laptop doesn't get covered in debris). I dislike that the Cronos uses an integrated SMT microcontroller rather than a Nano but it's been very reliable. There's others which combine the best features of each, I think one is the Developower (maybe see if you can find one on aliexpress or ebay).