Author Topic: I can't connect to my Benbox 1310  (Read 204 times)

lemelman

• View Profile
I can't connect to my Benbox 1310
« on: February 11, 2020, 04:05:21 AM »
A previous post on this topic received no responses and has disappeared, so I'll try again.
I've just assembled a Benbox 1310 which I want to drive with UGSPlatform on a laptop running a new install of Win10.

I first connected it to a desktop Win10 machine, which initially searched and downloaded a driver, and then allowed me to contact and successfully try the 1310.
I then tried with the laptop. The initial driver search was rather faster than the desktop (despite being a slower m/c on the same network), but every time I try to connect I get a message saying "The setup wizard is not supported for this controller".
I'm really stuck 'cos, despite trying suggestions like changing the USB port, nothing works.
Pease help.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I can't connect to my Benbox 1310
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 06:48:56 AM »
1. Verify that the proper device driver is installed.
2. Replace the benbox firmware with generic up to date code.

If you don't want to remove your existing firmware you can get Nano boards quite cheaply.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

lemelman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 07:38:51 AM »
Thanks for your response.
How do I determine which driver I have and which one I should have? From where do I get the correct driver?
I'm sure the firmware is OK 'cos it works on the desktop m/c.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 08:10:39 AM »
I don't use Windows. The following is a cut/paste from Zax:

You don't need the laser powered, just leave it switched off as the Nano is powered by the USB and works without any hardware attached.

Did you run Install CH340 Driver from the T2Laser Help menu? If so it will create a folder called ch340 in the root directory, in device manager do a manual update and select this driver.

Disable Windows Update for drivers as it causes nothing but problems - they need to learn "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Modify message

SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 11:59:06 AM »
If device manager shows the wch.cn driver you have the correct one. It's available from their website as you aren't using T2Laser.

How are you going to generate the G-code to run your machine?