Author Topic: Pictures not in center  (Read 372 times)

PLT

• View Profile
Pictures not in center
« on: March 15, 2020, 02:57:06 PM »
Hiw do you make pictures in center. All of my practices, pictures are off centered.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures not in center
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 03:01:28 PM »
What form of art work do you start with? Can you post an example? What host application?
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

PLT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 04:53:26 PM »
3000mW Blue CNC Laser Engraving Machine - Benbox program.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 07:57:26 PM »
I'm assuming that is a picture of the finished burn. What did you start with? Do you use the same size wood slug every time. Where is 0,0? I usually do test burns on scrap cardboard. For large circles when doing multiple copies I make a fixture to align the wood or burn a circle slightly larger that the target in the waste board.

PLT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 07:40:10 AM »
No, I don’t use the same size.  Here’s another one. Wish Benbox can ‘trace’ the picture itself with low light instead of ‘square’ so i can see where it’ll engrave

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 09:00:22 AM »
Please post an original file that you feed to benbox so we can look at margins etc.

There is a free trail version of T2Laser that you can install on most Windows machines. There is also a free trail version of BCL. T2 is geared towards engraving while BCL is geared towards cutting. Both have excellent support and tutorials.

The BCL tutorials cover calibrating you machine. Well worth the time.

I would suggest starting with cutting/etching simple shapes such as rectangles, circles & triangles. Burning a 20x20mm square written in gcode is an easy way to get a warm fuzzy feeling that the machine is properly configured. Neon colored cardstock is my favorite test medium as it is cheap and reacts to the laser at low power.

Hokuro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 11:19:05 AM »
No, I don’t use the same size.  Here’s another one. Wish Benbox can ‘trace’ the picture itself with low light instead of ‘square’ so i can see where it’ll engrave

create another all black image and trace it
my english is very bad, please be patient. :)