Author Topic: T2 compatibility with 3000mW Blue CNC Laser universal engraver  (Read 303 times)

whodey

• View Profile
Hello and I'll apologize in advance because I know this topic is probably out here already. I searched some and didn't find exactly what i think I'm looking for so.. again sorry. Recently purchased the 3000mW Blue CNC Laser universal engraver and of course the Benbox software is crappy. I'm new to the game so i lack the terminology and skill level but I want to get better. I've been reading up on converting my software over to T2. Some of the posts I've read make it sound difficult and then some others make it sound very easy, basically just downloading and installing and that's it. Please help me understand what exactly I need to do to pull this off. I've been able to engrave just fine with Benbox. It's fairly simple software but it is very limited and limits the lasers capabilities i think. Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated!

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: T2 compatibility with 3000mW Blue CNC Laser universal engraver
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 04:05:28 AM »
If it runs Benbox it will work with T2Laser. If the controller has a generic Nano clone you should be able to replace the firmware with Grbl 1.1e DEFAULT, but if you want to be safe you could get a replacement Nano ($2) and swap them so you keep the original.

whodey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 01:38:05 PM »
Awesome! Thank you for your reply Zax. Honestly if it will work, I have no desire to ever revert back to benbox or the current configuration. The actual frame / hardware itself is pretty nice. Nicer than i thought it would be considering the price and it being from China but the software is some doo doo. I've located where to download the T2 trial. I'm 99% sure it is the generic Nano so where can I obtain the Grbl 1.1e firmware? Is it included within the T2 download or at a different location. Thanks again for nursing along another newbie!

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 04:18:07 PM »
Yes, T2Laser includes everything you need. The device driver (which would already be loaded), the Grbl 1.1e DEFAULT firmware (recommended) and other custom firmware for different boards.