Author Topic: T2 Enhancement requests  (Read 1024 times)

Maarten65

• View Profile
T2 Enhancement requests
« on: May 12, 2020, 08:19:41 AM »
1)
Multi-pass value gone
- Settings/multi-pass (vector) - set to value 5
- Profiles - create new profile (or right an existing profile) and save the setting
- look in settings/multi pass again and T2 shows value 'custom' instead of 5. I cannot check which value is now active.
I think the value should set to 5 when this is stored in the profile.

2)
Add Multi-Pass value and cooling down delay in header of G-Code
At this moment the laser power, Vector rate, Rapid feed are included in the header of the nc file.
It would be very nice if the values of multi-pass and cool down delay are added in the header info as well.
T2 Laser v1.5y / GRBL  1.1e / Eleksmaker Mana V5.2 / windows 10 home, version 10.0.18362
Autodesk Inventor 2020 / Autocad 2020

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: T2 Enhancement requests
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 09:32:48 AM »
1) It's working correctly, when you load a profile it does set to custom but the value will match what you saved.

2) Good idea, I already have an item to improve the header so have added your request.

Maarten65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 05:23:52 AM »
3) After opening the view window of the G-code, It is better to have all available control options available with their current values. (Just like speed is now)
Something like:
Speed (Q) = 2
Origin (G) = on
Frame (F) = on
Dimensions (D) = on
Simulation (S) = on
Laser movement (O) = off
Laser Disabled (B) = off
DXF Power Colors (R) = on
Laser Width (1,2,3) = 1

4) Can the speed range be extended with higher values? Viewing the simulation takes a lot of time when you have a large file.

5) The current manual included in T2 Laser does not have the option to do a search for certain text. For example there is something about color coding in the dxf drawing. Being able to do a search on the text 'blue' jumps me to the subject I was looking for. For this moment I have a work around by using a this link: https://zax.neocities.org  in my browser where I can search. I am only worried which of the two sources is more reliable?

Please don't get me wrong Zax, I like the program a lot. I just make notes of the experiences I have when using your tool during the day.

Best regards,
Maarten
T2 Laser v1.5y / GRBL  1.1e / Eleksmaker Mana V5.2 / windows 10 home, version 10.0.18362

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 08:04:25 AM »
3. I do not display all those values as it affects the re-draw speed when running the simulation but perhaps I can add an option to display them when it is static.

4. The simulation displays almost immediately (or it should) when you open the "view", but yes while running it to see the movement I agree for raster engraving it isn't really fast enough but usually there's no need to do that. What is the reason for running a large file like this rather than just preview the finished result?

5. I use the Microsoft Help system for my manual, one reason I used this is so it's fully indexed and searchable. Ctrl-F brings up the find feature.

That website is an older version of the manual, I only leave it there so people can use Google Translate to change it to their language.

I appreciate your suggestions and feedback, that is how T2Laser is developed.

Maarten65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 02:46:10 AM »
5) I checked again and found out why I cannot search in your help file.
If you select a chapter in the list, located in the left side of the window, and then do a ctrl+s action, nothing happens. You have to select the right side of the window, containing the text, first and then ctrl+s to start the search.  Then the search pop up window appears correctly.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 02:46:47 AM by Maarten65 »

Maarten65

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 03:17:27 AM »

6) Help file:
DXF Optimizer (also works with PLT files)
o   Changes the sequence of vector segments and paths to reduce run-time
o   Options to override start point and/or allow segment reversal
o   Can also force auto-joining of open shapes (this may distort the file, check the view before using)
o   Use DXF colors to determine cutting sequence (Yellow, Green, Blue, Orange, Red and Black)

Sequence is not the same as the menu options, last two are swapped.
o   Use DXF colors to determine cutting sequence (Yellow, Green, Blue, Orange, Red and Black)
o   Can also force auto-joining of open shapes (this may distort the file, check the view before using)

7) Help file:
Gerber Options*
Missing explanation of
o   Add Border
o   Metric Units (mm)
o   Ignore Aperture List
o   Skip Blank Aperture
o   Load Drill File
o   Skip Multiple levels
o   Override Sizes
o   values 0 - 0.00000

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 03:56:14 AM »
Do you mean the last 2 colors are swapped?

No, black is 100% power and also last on the optimizing. Red is 80% power, orange 60% and so on (using default values, obviously they can be changed).

You are correct about the Gerber options not being documented, it's not a very common feature and one I don't use but I will add it. Thanks.

Maarten65

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 06:25:18 AM »
No, black is 100% power and also last on the optimizing. Red is 80% power, orange 60% and so on (using default values, obviously they can be changed).

No, the two lines are swapped. Compare your version (first) and mine (second)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 08:08:04 AM »
I'm not seeing it.... the quoted text and yours are the same  ???

The manual says "Use DXF colors to determine cutting sequence (Yellow, Green, Blue, Orange, Red and Black)"

Which is a correct statement.

Maarten65

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 11:03:16 AM »
The sequence is not the same of the two lines.
First one in manual is about auto-joining, second in manual is cutting sequence.

But the program has these options the other way around in the menu.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 02:44:57 PM »
OK, I thought you were saying the colors weren't in the correct order.

Maarten65

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 07:09:05 AM »
8) I have saved all my Grbl parameters to a text file.
After replacing my nano, is there a way to import this grbl parameters back in?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 09:10:25 AM »
If you installed my Grbl 1.1e DEFAULT there should be no need to change parameters, but you might want to check what's different or post them here and I will compare.

Maarten65

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2020, 10:37:16 AM »
Thanks for the offer. I saved the default values with mine by saving them to text files and compare them.
Corrections where made quickly. I corrected the max size of by machine and a few other things I forgot already. ;)

Maarten65

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2020, 01:15:23 AM »
8 - save text file after finishing the job. File name = {drawing name} {finish date/time} .log
The log file contains info about the job done.
Date = date/time of start and finish
Name = name of drawing
Settings = speed/power/pause/air support yes.no / repeat /

Two reasons i like to have this option:
A) i have a history what was made when with what parameters
B)  This way you have a simple message system without forcing me to keep staying in the room and watching the screen of my laptop al the time. My jobs can run quiet long and i donít want to be in the smelly room all time.

The location of the log file can be local or on a network location. I can monitor this location with my phone/tablet to see when the job is done.

Or you should add a messager feature to your program. (But thats is way more complex) 😁
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 01:19:36 AM by Maarten65 »