Author Topic: T2 G-Code to Laserweb 4  (Read 182 times)

GD George

• View Profile
T2 G-Code to Laserweb 4
« on: May 13, 2020, 01:20:42 PM »
Hi All,

Been working on my laser a bit and I've run into some issues. I lost my garage computer when my wife and I had to move classes online.  I don't think I"m going to get it back any time soon, and it's where T2 lives. What I want to do is set up a Raspberry Pi with Laserweb to control the machine and still use t2 to generate the code. Right now I'm trying to get the machine to function away from T2 and this has led to some issues. The machine, which runs fine from T2 would not do anything when I first connected it to LW4. I pulled the card, took it in to the other computer, flashed it the GRBL 1.1e version from T2, and X axis works, Y axis is inverted, and the laser is always on.

So what I'm looking for right now is some guidance, I guess. I don't mind compiling GRBL myself, but I think this is something pretty basic. Any ideas appreciated.

Jerry

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: T2 G-Code to Laserweb 4
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 02:29:20 PM »
Changing the axis direction should be simple, you can either click in the setting menu on the laser controller to reverse it or set the Grbl mask ($3) manually.

Not sure about the laser being always on, is it a 2-wire or a TTL laser module?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 02:30:32 PM by Zax »

GD George

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 03:34:28 PM »
Thanks Zax. The axis is sorted with $3=2.

The laser is a two-wire 5W. Card is Eleksmaker L7.

GD George

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 04:21:21 PM »
OK... Further investigation reveals that LW4 requires GRBL 1.1F at minimum.  I used T2 to flash 1.1F for home switches (which is my next project) and the machine moves on X and Y, but now the laser won't start. I think I probabaly have to set the laser on / off commands, but they're not M3 and M5, apparently. So more research.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 04:54:24 AM »
Grbl 1.1 (whether e or f) is the same, all use M3, M4 and M5 for laser controls as that's the G-code standard.

I don't know anything about LW4 but if it uses 1.1 it shouldn't care what revision. I would suggest using the firmware they provide if you are controlling it with their software, since the parameters in my firmware are optimized for T2Laser.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 07:40:08 AM »
$3=2 means reverse the Y direction.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

GD George

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 01:02:07 PM »
Thanks George! I got that sorted. Going to step out in a bit and see what else I can see.

GD George

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 10:32:36 AM »
I'm going to take this to a new thread in the "Other Software" section. I thought my OP was about T2, but it's really about how to use a Raspberry Pi to control the machine.

Jerry