Author Topic: Time remaining clock  (Read 843 times)

taz101

• View Profile
Time remaining clock
« on: June 05, 2020, 02:21:49 AM »
Hi,
I am using T2Laser to learn laser engraving and so far so good. My question is can I adjust or reset the count down clock (time remaining). When the job starts it will say 19 min. but an hour later it is still working.
Some times it may be off by an hour or more or just a few minutes.
Do I have something set wrong?
Thanks for your help
Pal

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Time remaining clock
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 04:07:06 AM »
It is based on a calculation of feed rates and distances, with the default acceleration and deceleration values in my default firmware. You can adjust it to be more accurate with other firmware but if it's so far off there's something else wrong.

Have you calibrated your machine? Are the sizes correct, like the samples in the Help menu?

What firmware are you using, if it's the old Benbox Grbl 0.8 then that would explain the problem as it's incredibly slow.

taz101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 02:06:28 AM »
Hi Zax,
Sorry, I did not get back to you yesterday but I was gone.
Yes, I calibrated my machine and the samples burn the correct size and in the time stated. I installed your firmware when I got the new controller but it does not show up as it used to in the T2 g code window.
I have the Eleksmana controller and the Elekesmake 2.5w blue laser you told me about.
Attached are the before and after windows and my project. I have to work on the photo.
The 19-minute burn took 3 hours and 10 minutes.
Thank you for your help
Paul

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 04:57:12 AM »
Check your Grbl Parameters, I see you have LaserGrbl installed so if you've run that it changes the settings and disables laser mode which really slows down the machine. If using my firmware and parameters it should be really close, if not use the Estimated Time (factor) in Settings / Advanced to adjust it.

taz101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 05:47:29 AM »
Thank you. How do I check grbl prams? I reset to default settings and uploaded your firmware when I got the new controller.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 07:44:46 AM »
In the Machine menu click Display Grbl Parameters, check that laser mode is enabled and see if any of the values are different to the defaults.

I have multiple machines and all run very close to the estimate using my Grbl 1.1e DEFAULT firmware.

*also make sure you are using the latest version of T2Laser v1.5y as I get a slightly different estimate (30 minutes) and it took just over 29 minutes to complete
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:57:02 AM by Zax »

taz101

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 02:39:08 AM »
Hi Zax,
I checked all you suggested I hope. See the screenshot of disp. GRBL prams, could not tell if it is correct. The only way I could get your firmware to display like it used to do was to load 1.1e axis swap.
I re-burned the image attached and the result was awful. The photo I used is attached.  It did burn much faster in 31 minutes +/-.
v1.5y is what I have.
Thank you
Paul

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 04:13:32 AM »
You don't want to use the swap axis, use 1.1e DEFAULT in the Machine menu (don't use firmware from the custom menu as you can brick the Nano).

taz101

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 08:34:29 AM »
Thank you. I redid the firmware and will not make that mistake again.
I will work on the image tomorrow.
Have a great day.
Paul