Author Topic: round canvas  (Read 334 times)

taz101

• View Profile
round canvas
« on: June 11, 2020, 02:36:15 AM »
Hi All,
I use T2Laser and I have alignment problems. When I try and burn a round object the alignment is always off. It does not matter if I do lower left or center alignment it is always wrong.
Is there a way to create a round canvas? I don't have a problem with square or rectangle projects.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Paul

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: round canvas
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 04:06:40 AM »
Can you explain how it is wrong?

I usually either cut a template / jig or engrave on my wasteboard as a guide, that way the alignment is perfect but without seeing the job it's hard to explain the correct process. As a quick method you can do engrave frame and align the piece or usually with center start you can eye ball it but for something like a coaster where you need it perfectly centered the jig option is best.

taz101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 02:30:15 AM »
Hi Zax,
As you can see I have a waste board and it is marked with tape for alignment. It does not matter if I use corner or center alignment it does not burn correctly.
Round work piece is the worst. I don't know if you can see it but on the square piece I have the center marked and lay the round work piece on it after making sure the laser is on the center dot.
Once I load the image in t2 I have found no way to move it but it looks centered.
I hope this explains my problem
Thanks
Paul

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 04:00:17 AM »
Are you loading a DXF?

If so you would use the 0,0 exactly the same and providing the design is centered it will engrave correctly. Make sure you have relocate origin disabled so it doesn't change the 0,0.

taz101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 04:33:07 AM »
No I am just loading a image png file. Will try the DXF later today.
Thank You
Paul

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 05:00:09 AM »
An image is OK, the lower left or center start posiitions are relative to the entire image and not the design within the image so if it has a border maybe that is confusing you.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 07:33:13 AM »
I find that making simple test patterns helps. To simulate your problem I would put a circle inside a square.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 09:56:30 AM »
Use 0.2 resolution for the image to keep the 100mm size as it's 500 x 500 pixels.