Author Topic: VERTICAL FOCUSSING ITEM  (Read 4629 times)

ROSS

• View Profile
VERTICAL FOCUSSING ITEM
« on: May 12, 2016, 02:36:29 AM »
I recently saw on Google/Aliexpress a 5 watt laser engraver (similar to ELEKS) that had a vertical focussing  rig made of acrylic as standard.....Could not find the rig as a spare part tho'
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

Nigelnowhere

• View Profile
Re: VERTICAL FOCUSSING ITEM
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 03:00:50 AM »
Pictures?
2500mw Eleks Maker A3 and A5 running GRBL 0.9 and using T2 laser. I have two lasers and I am not afraid to make them work for me.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 03:07:23 AM »
Pictures?

JUST FOUND IT AGAIN!!  How lucky was that?

I have sent a query to the supplier as regards obtaining the slide alone.    (It may need a bit of work to fit it)..

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5500mW-Laser-Power-DIY-Mini-Laser-Engraving-Machine-17-20cm-Engraving-Area-Mini-Marking-Machine-Advanced/32616478398.html?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:08:34 AM by ROSS »
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

Nigelnowhere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 11:46:03 AM »
That's really cool. It even has its own stepper motor. I want one. Haha
2500mw Eleks Maker A3 and A5 running GRBL 0.9 and using T2 laser. I have two lasers and I am not afraid to make them work for me.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 12:09:45 PM »
That's really cool. It even has its own stepper motor. I want one. Haha

No..sorry..  thats the X axis motor....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 02:00:37 AM »
Ref the item VERTICAL FOCUSSING slider unit.

I managed to get the retailer to sell me one at a cost of 10 inc airmail (ex China)....
I will let people know about it when I receive it and have fitted it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:28:21 AM by ROSS »

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

Nigelnowhere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 03:44:04 PM »
Good luck. I hope it's a great piece and if it is, please share the contact.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 01:38:45 AM »

............................ please share the contact.

If it works ok!

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

botwrightsea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 01:03:45 AM »
Just pondering if we can use this gizmo and made a motorise vertical focussing rig DC 4-9V Drive Stepper Motor Screw With Nut Slider 2 Phase 4 Wire

But probably need another Arduino nano with motor driver?

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 01:23:38 AM »
Not sure the board could take another power requirement if a fan was running from the control board as well...
Think the limit for fans is only 2 PC types....anybody???

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

BritVic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 02:11:49 AM »
Just pondering if we can use this gizmo and made a motorise vertical focussing rig DC 4-9V Drive Stepper Motor Screw With Nut Slider 2 Phase 4 Wire

But probably need another Arduino nano with motor driver?

http://www.banggood.com/DC-4-9V-Drive-Stepper-Motor-Screw-With-Nut-Slider-2-Phase-4-Wire-p-964613.html

plus

http://www.banggood.com/3-Axis-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Board-Controller-Laser-board-For-DIY-Laser-Engraver-p-1015947.html

I upgraded my board to a L6, anyway...  I bought the little stepper, only played with it so far, since its not powerful enough to handle a Dremel type spindle, I am sure it is well capable of sliding the laser unit up and down. Oh, and it works fine on a 12 volt rail, so, just plug and play really once you have the L6 board.
Vic