Author Topic: Replacement Laser Module Help  (Read 718 times)

whodey

• View Profile
Replacement Laser Module Help
« on: July 20, 2020, 08:07:00 PM »
Purchased the universal engraver 3000mw kit from their website. My first laser. Been at it for a few months now using T2 which is fantastic. I know the laser was nowhere close in power to what it was rated. Well it finally crapped out yesterday and honestly itís my fault. The more Iím reading and learning I didnít have adequate cooling and I most likely pushed it to hard. So what I want to do is upgrade the laser module but Iím not sure what to buy. The current laser looks to be 2 pin. Red and black for the laser and red and black for the fan. Most of the lasers Iím finding are 3 pin and come with additional control boards etc. Iím still very new and very green to all this so please bare with me for sounding like an idiot. Will the 3 pin lasers work on my setup? Any recommendations on what laser module to purchase for a replacement? Thank you!!

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Replacement Laser Module Help
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 04:07:35 AM »
If the laser power next to where you are currently connected is wired up then you could modify the board to work with a TTL/PWM laser module that requires the signal pin.

It is currently setup using the MOSFET output which is 12V PWM.

whodey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 09:18:15 AM »
Thanks Zax. Is there a diagram or thread on the forum that details how to wire the new laser in?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 12:31:29 PM »
You'll need to see if the 3 pin laser socket (well holes as there's no socket installed) is actually connected, there should be power, ground and D11 signal available but as they didn't put a socket there may not be traces. It looks like they copied someones board design - badly.