Author Topic: need urgent help with my drawing machine  (Read 521 times)

robot2020

• View Profile
need urgent help with my drawing machine
« on: August 15, 2020, 12:19:20 PM »
Hello dear forum members!

I'm very desperate. I've been trying for hours but I just can't get it right.

I have bought a Drawing Machine and I can't get along with it.

it is exactly this device:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DIY-Writing-Drawing-Machine-3-Axis_62301641211.html

I have some questions and would be very happy if someone has experience and can help me.

please just post in the thread or write me. there are some points which are not clear to me.

pay also something if I am really helped.

best regards and many many thanks.

:)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: need urgent help with my drawing machine
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 03:55:20 PM »
What controller board, firmware and software does it use?

They don't seem to provide much information at all but it looks like a generic controller, maybe an Uno Shield or something like that.

robot2020

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 04:00:49 AM »
@Zax

I'd love to give you more information but I can't. I think it was an absolute bad buy.

I thought there was software and a manual included. I take it for granted. Unfortunately the Chinese manufacturer sees it differently.

He said he only delivers hardware for software and everything else I would have to take care of myself.

As recommendation he gave me this free software:

Bachin Draw or bachinnmaker (that's the website). Don't know if I am allowed to link this here?

Can you help me there?

robot2020

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 04:09:58 AM »
I don't know if this is gonna help, but I put up some pictures.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR EVERYTHING!

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 04:32:34 AM »
Yes actually that was very helpful as I found the wiki on the bachin draw and it uses a Nano based controller, which is good news.

It doesn't say what firmware they use but I suspect it's Grbl, my recommendation would be to connect to the machine using a terminal emulator or my T2Laser in debug mode and see what "welcome" string the machine sends out - so you know what firmware you are working with.

I suspect this is just a standard 3-axis setup but their board has a PWM output (maybe there's a laser upgrade option instead of the pen).

It seems likely you could get it to work with T2Laser, I am not sure if BCL supports 3-axis or not.

robot2020

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 04:43:48 AM »
@Zac
First of all thank you for all the time and effort you have invested!!!!  :)

So I took another look and the manufacturer still meant this one:

"If you need video, please search GRBL CNC in YouTube"

That would confirm your suspicions. Unfortunately, I am ABSOLUTELY a beginner and have no idea what you mean by that.

The manufacturer also says that you can buy a laser in addition and use it instead of a pen.

What do I have to do to find out what you wrote?

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 04:47:48 AM by robot2020 »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 07:39:19 AM »
So if you enable debug mode in T2Laser and connect to your machine, it will say something like Grbl 0.9 Ready or maybe Grbl 1.1f Ready.

Then click Display Grbl Parameters from the Machine menu and post the output here, that will help determine the machine setup. If you have a true 3-axis CNC you would need to use Z-axis commands (T2Laser supports this) but most drawing machines use a servo for the pen and that requires different firmware and uses the PWM output so you run it like a laser engraver.