Author Topic: New user have three questions  (Read 351 times)

cazz

• View Profile
New user have three questions
« on: August 16, 2020, 04:48:58 AM »
Hi
I have just buy the software and I like it alot but I have three questions

1) Can I see somewhere calc how long time is going to take from start to finnish? Right now I just see procent but like to have time too so I know how long is going to take.
2) Is it anyway I can see how big wood I need to have to use. I mean is it possible to make the software run a frame with so low power so it does not burn but I can see where is going to be.
3) What I read from manufacture is a good idea if the work is going to take over a hour it cool down 15 min before continues. I don't know how long some engraving can take but if that is possible to if the software notice this is going to take more then a hour it take a brake about 15 min before continues.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: New user have three questions
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 07:34:48 AM »
Yes.

1. The estimated time (based on using my firmware) is shown on the laser controller after you generate the G-code. You can adjust the estimate factor if using different firmware or parameters.

e.g.
GCode Lines: 13
Estimated Time: 4 seconds
Total Distance: 60mm (c50/r10)

2. Use the trace or engrave frame option, set the manual laser power value to 5 if you want to see it but not burn or higher if you want to burn into a wasteboard and use that for alignment.

3. T2Laser supports cool down for vector (cutting or line engraving) but it should not be required for engraving as the laser is never at full power for long periods of time. The laser uses PWM (pulse width modulation) so the laser is actually switching on and off quickly so doesn't heat up as much as when continuously on like for cutting. I have ran my EleksMaker laser module over 6 hours for many jobs and a few well over 12 hours. The longest ever was nearly 18 hours and the laser module was no hotter than it is after 15 minutes - a good fan and correctly sized heatsink are essential.

cazz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 07:44:58 AM »
Thanks for the replay.

1. Ahh ok then I know that, I do not run your firmware yet. I'm just afraid I going to do something that my machine does not work anymore but I think is a good idea that I do run you firmware soon.

2. Hmm ok so 5 is ok to run good to know that :)

3. hmm ok thanks good to know that.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 08:11:29 AM »
If you have Grbl 1.1 you don't need to replace it, but for the older Grbl 0.8 or Grbl 0.9 the results will be improved and you get more features using my firmware. If you record your current Grbl parameters before changing firmware it will help in case anything needs to be modified (click the Display Grbl Parameters in Machine menu).

cazz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 11:03:42 AM »
ok I have upgrade now to 1.1 and it does look right now.
I do not see any estimated time but is ok this is new to me.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 01:46:54 PM »
Do you have debug mode enabled? If so it won't be showing the details, turn it off and you'll see it.

cazz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 12:19:23 PM »