Author Topic: Straight to T2?  (Read 270 times)

Grossarosa2

• View Profile
Straight to T2?
« on: September 04, 2020, 07:14:40 PM »
So I bought a universal 3000mW blue engraver and thought I did my research - but apparently not deep enough.  I am not sure I have the CNC skills to pick this up, so it might be for sale soon.  ;D

My question is can I assemble the machine and go straight with T2 software.  The info that came with the machine is highly confusing and T2 looks a lot easier to use.  I don't know if I have to install  universal's software first or not - I don't want to toast this thing right out of the box.

Appreciate any advice!!

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Straight to T2?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 07:40:34 PM »
1 - these are incredibly simple machines with readily available replacement parts.
2 - 99.9% of us had no prior experience with laser etcher prior to our first kit.
3 - 90% of us had minimal art or image manipulation skills.
4 - The instructions and included software are probably worthless.
5 - You came to the right place to start.
6 - Check if there is a Maker Space or Men's Shed in your area.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 05:46:30 AM »
Yes, T2Laser is a complete package. It includes the device driver and firmware needed to run the machine. No other programs are required.

I agree with ggallant571, these are very simple machines to use and no CNC skills are required. T2Laser makes it very easy to use.

I would suggest testing with the manufacturer supplied firmware first (already installed).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 05:47:25 AM by Zax »

Grossarosa2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 01:51:20 PM »
Much appreciated!  This is a great forum and you guys are super responsive - appreciate the help!  Will have more dumb questions as soon as I clear out a space in the shop!