Author Topic: Sculpfun laser module  (Read 1723 times)

Zambody

• View Profile
Sculpfun laser module
« on: December 09, 2021, 11:41:40 AM »
Hello, it is a long time since I wrote anything in this forum and the activity seams to be rather low. Thats a pitty, this forum has been a place where you can find experts and knowledge.
I have used a 2.2W laser with a mana se - card but wanted to cut som thin plywood, 2.7 mm, I ordered a module Sculpfun S6 pro. Is it possible to control that laser with  the mana se card? It's a 5.5w laser with some special focusing construction. At least that is what the advertisement tells the reader. It has a 3-pin connector and the label tells you 12 V 3 A input.
The only instructions is about mechanical issues.
Any hints is welcome. /Sören 
2.5W A3 BangGood laser
Kossel Mini 3D-printer
CNC 3018 MAX

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sculpfun laser module
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 04:35:05 PM »
I agree with you that this forum was a great place to get accurate and helpful information. Wish it was still active. Perhaps the BS and noise on Facebook will reactive it.

I have a Sculpfun S9 on order based on my best machine having positioning problems and some to be verified Chinese advertising. The claim of a 0.8mm square focal beam was the primary attraction. 5W of optical power is the same electrical load as my current diode so I wouldn't expect any problems with your controller.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

dindunuffin

• Not even bright enough to participate in forum.
    • View Profile
Re: Sculpfun laser module
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 11:46:49 AM »
Facebook?  People still use that?