Author Topic: Output size incorrect  (Read 10264 times)

Airborndaddy

• View Profile
    • CavStoreTX Etsy Store
Output size incorrect
« on: July 16, 2016, 11:14:58 PM »
I resize the image to 76 mm wide which should be 3 inches, but when it engraver it tries to go 10 inches wide and the belt slips at the ends of the track. Is there settings I am doing wrong?

I have the smaller 17cm x 22cm from banggoof.com

My Home Position is lower left when the circut board is on top since it seems to be opposite of Benbox. If this is right

And when I check my limits the long axis shows only 65mm in the laser control and my short axis shows 160mm there is some settings wrong please help

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Output size incorrect
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 04:01:33 AM »
Re-upload the default settings from in T2 to your controller board.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 06:36:03 AM »
Your Grbl parameters are not correct for your machine, assuming you have converted to Grbl and are not using Benbox then Agastar is accurate. Re-load the default parameters, it may be necessary to do it 2 or 3 times as some Nano's don't seem to save all the settings correctly - real Arduino's have no problem so it's something with the cheap clones and EEPROM.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 06:46:58 AM »
For me, Benbox required me to run the machine with the board facing me while T2 required me to turn the machine around so the board was facing away from me. Since he mentioned the orientation and similar issues I had I assumed he was running the T2 with G-Tech firmware.

Airborndaddy

• View Profile
    • CavStoreTX Etsy Store
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 10:24:58 AM »
ZAK... I see when I Ctrl Click home in the laser controller a bunch of parameters come up and from previous posts I see they changed the $100 and $101 to make the step correct mine is showing 50 on x axis and 250 on your axis. I've reloaded firmware a few times and no change. How do I change those parameters.

Also I'm used to using Benbox and like the rules for lining up up projects on the screen. Does this feature exist in T2? Also the outline with the lowlight laser and servo movement to see the size of the piece on the work area. Is that available in T2? If so how?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 02:40:47 PM »
Make sure you don't have any G-Code loaded and then Right click the send (envelope) icon, it will upload the default parameters.

It may be necessary to do it a couple of times if you are using a Nano clone as some of the latest ones don't seem to write them all to EEPROM on the first attempt.

They should both be 80 for the correct sizes.

I don't have rulers at the moment, but you can see the positions in the status bar when drawing or with images just set the size. In the Sketch module you can also adjust positions by numeric values (select the object and press 'P') for accuracy rather than the drag method. Once you get used to it, you'll see it works quite well and hopefully won't miss the rulers.

There's also a center start option that some like, where you just put the laser in the middle of where you want the design.

Yes, there's a low light trace feature that I call a "frame". Set the power level you want (say 25) and then right click the laser on icon or if you want the head to trace it with the laser off you can use the laser off icon the same way.

lulu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 01:19:38 PM »
For example, I made drawing in Corel, export real size to jpg but T2Laser resize it? When I want put Output size, it's shows error- Please report firmware interrupt error. Parameter is not valid.
Export Corel file to PLT file error - Format invalid.

Lob0426

• Global Moderator
  • Let the Magic Blue Smoke out!
    • View Profile
    • Richards RasPi Web Server
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 01:39:06 PM »
Make sure your G-code for is in millimeters not inches for output. You can draw in inches then export in millimeters.

You should see G21(mm) not G20(inch) at the beginning of your code. Output in inches to the system in millimeters equals really oversized objects.
Richard
A5 2.5W w/homing switches on L7
A5 2W diode self upgraded from stock 500mw
Printrbot Play. Ext bed, integrated tablet control.
Printrbot Simple Metal
USA

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 02:22:25 PM »
@lulu

You mention exporting as jpg and then as plt, one is for raster (images to be engraved by scanning) and the other if vector (drawing to be cut or line engraved).

If you are using CorelDraw I would imagine you are trying to do vector, did you follow my CorelDraw export instructions?

Please e-mail an example to me and I will take a look, send the .cdr and .plt output.

lulu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 02:53:24 PM »
It is really hard oriented in forum- I cannot find nothing

lulu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 02:56:32 PM »
Make sure your G-code for is in millimeters not inches for output. You can draw in inches then export in millimeters.

You should see G21(mm) not G20(inch) at the beginning of your code. Output in inches to the system in millimeters equals really oversized objects.

I have G21, I work in millimeters, I export in mm- But program don't show correct size

lulu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »
It will be cool that for instructions is separate topic- I always spend so much time to looking for information- made topic and after find other topic about the some problem.
I cannot find- where are instructions???
@lulu

You mention exporting as jpg and then as plt, one is for raster (images to be engraved by scanning) and the other if vector (drawing to be cut or line engraved).

If you are using CorelDraw I would imagine you are trying to do vector, did you follow my CorelDraw export instructions?

Please e-mail an example to me and I will take a look, send the .cdr and .plt output.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 04:12:39 PM »
The first link in my signature. See below.

lulu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 04:09:41 PM »
@lulu

There is examples. I fallowed instructions, anyway-invalid format.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 07:05:44 AM »
I'm not sure what you are doing wrong, the PLT loaded just fine for me (see attached, this was using your .plt as received).

Are you perhaps using the DXF import and trying to load a PLT format?

You may want to move your design to the page origin in Corel or during export select use plotter origin "Page Center" so T2Laser finds the drawing extents and shifts them to 0,0 but it isn't required. The attached .plt and view screen are after I loaded the Corel file and saved it out with the origin fixed.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:29:33 AM by Zax »