Author Topic: Output size incorrect  (Read 8655 times)

lulu

• View Profile
Re: Output size incorrect
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 08:42:38 AM »
I'm not sure what you are doing wrong, the PLT loaded just fine for me (see attached, this was using your .plt as received).

Are you perhaps using the DXF import and trying to load a PLT format?

You may want to move your design to the page origin in Corel or during export select use plotter origin "Page Center" so T2Laser finds the drawing extents and shifts them to 0,0 but it isn't required. The attached .plt and view screen are after I loaded the Corel file and saved it out with the origin fixed.

I uninstall version 12r and install 12t. I dont have PLT importer- I all time tried open like image. How I can add it?
I fallow instruction and made conversion.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 08:48:15 AM »
PLT format is vector, not raster so you can't open like an image. PLT support was added in v1.2x.

The links are in my signature (below every post), you want to install the latest update:
http://benboxlaser.us/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=113.0;attach=1766

lulu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 09:47:36 AM »
PLT format is vector, not raster so you can't open like an image. PLT support was added in v1.2x.

The links are in my signature (below every post), you want to install the latest update:

Thank you, Yes with version v1.2x it is working.
But still I have problem with correct size- for example when I export from Corel draw JPG format square 10mm*10mm, open in T2Laser, there is shows 24mm*24mm

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 10:07:09 AM »
Check the export settings.

I have tested drawing in mm and inches and it is correct for both on my system.

You can also see the Corel file you posted and the imported T2Laser sizes match.

lulu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »
Check the export settings.

I have tested drawing in mm and inches and it is correct for both on my system.

You can also see the Corel file you posted and the imported T2Laser sizes match.
With plt file I dont have problem.
I have problem with JPG.
I want make design in Corel draw and after engraved with T2Laser- output size is not like I save it. (on attachment example 10mm*10mm)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 10:44:34 AM »
An image has a certain amount of pixels, so it's size will depend on the resolution.

If you want to export it correctly you need to know the resolution you plan to "print" it, so for 0.1mm steps that is 254 pixels per inch or (1/0.1)*25.4, similarly if you want to use 0.05 resolution in T2Laser you would need an image that is (1/0.05)*25.4 = 508 pixels per inch in size.

So if you use the correct size and resolution in the output from CorelDraw, the import will be correct if the resolutions match.

Of course T2Laser can change the output size and resolution, which causes the image to be scaled as needed.

See attached for the correct output and import.

Airborndaddy

• View Profile
    • CavStoreTX Etsy Store
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 12:09:03 PM »
I have re-upload ed the defaults and the parameters look right when I Ctrl Click home they are set to 80 but a 30mm pic is pricing at less than 2mm what to do?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2016, 01:05:00 PM »
When you say a 30mm pic, what are you using to determine it is 30mm?

Images don't have physical dimensions unless you associate a resolution to them, so at import if you have resolution of 0.1mm the image would need 300 pixels for a 30mm dimension.

Please post examples.

Airborndaddy

• View Profile
    • CavStoreTX Etsy Store
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2016, 02:16:23 PM »
I figured out the sizing issues. But now my Y axis the lines are really wavy see picture attached some lines are well defined and others are dark and the numbers are unreadable.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2016, 03:07:18 PM »
Most likely a mechanical issue, have you checked the belts aren't too tight and nothing is binding?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2016, 03:08:49 PM »
Does everything look correct on the "View"?

If so, you know it's your hardware as that simulation is totally independent of the code generation.

Bloodluck

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2016, 03:40:26 PM »

I can't download it, when i click on the link it says - "You are not allowed to access this section"

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 04:00:51 PM »
Did you click the link in my signature that says "Updates", then you will see the latest version.

Here is a direct link: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=113.0;attach=2981

The one you posted is expired, it's best to go to the post as the attach links change when I update the post.

SteveK

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 04:39:13 PM »
Your Grbl parameters are not correct for your machine, assuming you have converted to Grbl and are not using Benbox then Agastar is accurate. Re-load the default parameters, it may be necessary to do it 2 or 3 times as some Nano's don't seem to save all the settings correctly - real Arduino's have no problem so it's something with the cheap clones and EEPROM.

So, if I understand what you're saying, the software will recognize what machine I have and set parameters accordingly? Can I think of this as calibrating my machine? I ask this because I have no clue  and an image I'm trying to burn makes my machine exceed it's travel limits.

Steve

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2016, 04:49:37 PM »
Not exactly, it's the same as loading default parameters except they are included in the hex when I compile it.

Under Settings / Advanced on the Laser Control screen you can select Machine Size which uses your Sketch default size, once you've clicked it the Sketch size is no longer important so you can change it later for the drawing you want.

In some cases you may want to allow faster feed rates or acceleration etc. but the defaults will work in most cases for most people.