Author Topic: LED Driver & Lipo Charger  (Read 2071 times)

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
LED Driver & Lipo Charger
« on: July 17, 2016, 05:19:10 PM »
Ok, so not exactly Laser related but I thought it was a cool project to work on and I thought I'd share.

The boards on the left of the image are the LED constant current driver boards for some 130 lumens Cree LEDs. The boards on the right are LIPO battery charge boards that will plug into USB and charge a lipo battery at 100mA/h  The board has a micro usb connector on one side and the charge circuitry n the other.

Incidentally, the constant current circuit for this LED driver is the basis for the current regulator in the Laser TTL driver design I'm working on.

The fun part is going to be soldering these components onto the boards lol. I'm using solder paste and a toaster oven to melt the solder paste. The toaster oven is used only for my projects ;)

dindunuffin

• Not even bright enough to participate in forum.
    • View Profile
Re: LED Driver & Lipo Charger
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 08:13:01 AM »
that's awesome.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:19:01 AM »
Now these are awesome

3 watt leds mounted in a housing with a magnifying lens in front. Throws a spot 1m in diameter at 15ft!  My customers use them in their model aircraft as landing lights.....
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

dindunuffin

• Not even bright enough to participate in forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 08:33:09 AM »
You guys are my kind of nerds, if only I could understand half of what you're discussing.  Most of it just makes a whooshing sound as it goes right over my head. What I hear "blah, blah, blah, ....RC airplanes".  I like RC airplanes.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 08:37:43 AM »
Now these are awesome

3 watt leds mounted in a housing with a magnifying lens in front. Throws a spot 1m in diameter at 15ft!  My customers use them in their model aircraft as landing lights.....

Your design? Do they have the driver circuitry in them as well or is it just the LEDs and housing? Do you have a website?

I have a project coming up for someone that I could use something like that in it.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 08:40:14 AM »
You guys are my kind of nerds, if only I could understand half of what you're discussing.  Most of it just makes a whooshing sound as it goes right over my head. What I hear "blah, blah, blah, ....RC airplanes".  I like RC airplanes.

LOL, I think you caught the most important part... RC Airplanes!

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 08:46:25 AM »
Your design? Do they have the driver circuitry in them as well or is it just the LEDs and housing? Do you have a website?

I have a project coming up for someone that I could use something like that in it.

PMd
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT