Author Topic: Laserweb3  (Read 13168 times)

sbugalho

• View Profile
Laserweb3
« on: July 19, 2016, 01:21:17 PM »
Is it possible to use laserweb3 with our litle machines. does the uno supports Smoothieware    ?? cant find any info on this.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Laserweb3
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 01:44:42 PM »
Do you have a link to this laserweb3?
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv1qee2vb65785t/SetupBenCutLaser3.2a.zip?dl=0
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

sbugalho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 01:29:39 PM »

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 01:44:48 PM »
Is it possible to use laserweb3 with our litle machines. does the uno supports Smoothieware    ?? cant find any info on this.

I'm pretty sure it won't work with Arduino Uno because Smoothieware is firmware that was designed for the Cortex M3 series 32 bit microcontrollers.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 01:50:26 PM »
There was a thread about that before, it looks nice but currently requires different hardware.

chris_u

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 09:59:21 AM »
runs fine for me with grbl 0.9

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 11:28:45 AM »
I have started using Laserweb3 and I can confirm it does work with GRBL

Trab9000

• 2500mw Eleks Laser with modified bed
    • View Profile
    • eXtremePara.com
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 03:44:44 PM »
I just downloaded and installed it. but haven't hooked it up yet. How do you like it, is it worth checking out. Seems clean.

beikeland

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 04:02:07 PM »
I briefly tried the Ardunio version last night, hosted off windows laptop. It starts and runs, but I was only able to jog the machine and generate g-code that didn't run. Will move it over to my Onion or a RPi and play more with it another day. Using inkscape + universal g-code sender for now. Hope to see grbl supprt for Lasers in Fusion 360, then its one CAD/CAM package for CNC/3D/Laser, all free for non-profit. Perfect.

TL;DR; Works, but I might have missconfigured something as I was only able to Jog the machine.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 05:41:00 PM »
I was able to get it to work with GRBL 0.9j and 1.0c on my L6 and L7. What's not working for you?

beikeland

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 06:31:05 PM »
I was able to get it to work with GRBL 0.9j and 1.0c on my L6 and L7. What's not working for you?
Not 100% sure, but going form Generate G-code to Process didn't seem to work, the generated G-code didn't work in Universal G-code sender either, so I'm betting I messed up some setting and there isn't a sanity check for whatever I messed up. No goggles yet, so no powering on the laser either = no rush.

But I really liked the interface, and having the possibility to go wireless with a onion board or something is awesome. Will need to check how much space it needs and decide between RPi and Onion. On the other hand if Fusion 360 can do Laser with Grbl after 1.0 releases then I'm sold on that.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 08:30:26 PM »
Well if it would help I could post my saved settings file here for you.

The attached picture shows an F-22 Raptor that I used as a test for Laserweb3. I have not tried engraving any pictures yet so I can't speak to that. Their DXF parser doesn't like splines and you'll need to make sure your DXF file doesn't contain any. I'm going to see what I can do about that and when/if I can they have agreed to add the fix to their branch.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 09:24:15 PM »
I'm just guessing here, but they probably don't support Splines because its not a walk in the park to implement...it's one of the harder parts of gcode generation to develop...it's about the same as Text...if you decide to support Text, its a lot of work...then if you decide to support Splines, you're looking at about the same level of effort...a lot...!!!

For BCL, Paul developed the Text and Splines data coming out the DXF file structure and prepared their data for me as I developed the Gcode Generation for them (Text and Splines) -- we had a lot of back and forth so I know it was a lot of work for him and for me...it wasn't an easy task and he's an extremely skilled software developer.

Having said all that, LaserWeb3 may be planning to support Splines in the future.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:25:13 PM by Administrator »

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 09:26:00 AM »
Having said all that, LaserWeb3 may be planning to support Splines in the future.

It is on their list to add and I kinda volunteered to take it on lol. The up side is that this will with future developments on Convert2DXF.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 09:35:41 AM »
>It is on their list to add and I kinda volunteered to take it on lol. The up side is that this will with future developments on Convert2DXF.

Ahhhh excellent news indeed...!!!