Author Topic: Laserweb3  (Read 12451 times)

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Laserweb3
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2016, 09:40:42 AM »
Yeah, G+, figured that might have been less formal as I wasn't quite sure if the behavior was intended or not. It just seemed counter intuitive.

But basically if you modify the DPI setting your work offset gets zeroed. Which may or may not make sense. Also if adding another layer all laser power levers get set to 100% again.

Sounds like they have some bugs in the UI. I have seen a handful of issues like that in the UI as well. I have seen several taken care of though so I would just submit an issue for each one you see and they will eventually get fixed. Especially when those will affect anybody's setup. :)

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2016, 02:44:33 PM »
For the Linux guys...
https://youtu.be/kVuFe4Yi5j0

beikeland

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2016, 05:04:50 AM »
Anyone tried upping the baudrate to see if it affects smoothnes?

I tried doubling it to 230400 as this seemed to be supported by both LaserWeb3 and Grbl - and while the welcome message seemed fine, unable to send commands to the laser with 230400 baud. Which is odd as it should certainly be the same baud rate for both Tx and Rx

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2016, 09:56:33 AM »
I had the same exact experience :(

beikeland

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2016, 03:16:10 PM »
Others experiencing stuttering with laserweb, what feed rates are you using? I just noticed running the same test pattern at F500 and F1000 gave me quite a bit of stuttering, but from F1500 and up it was silky smooth. Need to dig a little and figure out whats causing the difference.

JordsWoodShop

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2016, 10:19:11 PM »
Hi guys, hoping someone can help as I am very keen to get laserweb3 working with my machine.

I have the a3 gearbest laser and have got it setup successfully using both grbl 0.9j and 1.c with T2Laser so I know the laser does work. But in laserweb3 when I send the code to the machine the laser doesn't come on. The x,y movements are great, just no laser operation so nothing iss getting burnt.

any suggestions? Im new to the laser game but really want to get into it.

beikeland

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2016, 10:21:05 PM »
You need to add M3 and M5 to either laser on/off or Start/end gcode settings?

sbugalho

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2017, 08:14:42 AM »
has anyone tested the last version .. it seems very good ..

https://github.com/LaserWeb/LaserWeb4-Binaries

http://cncpro.co/index.php

av8r1

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2017, 07:04:50 PM »
I have tested LaserWeb 4, and I've been trying to like it but can't.

There's some good stuff in there, but the UI is clunky and every time they fix something it breaks something else.  They don't even have it stable and bug free yet and they're making with the feature creep.  And realistically, CAM software shouldn't run in a browser.  It just shouldn't.  It's what I've been using with my Elekslaser but I'm in the market for something else.