Author Topic: T2 Laser  (Read 57012 times)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
T2 Laser
« on: March 14, 2016, 11:20:43 AM »
I need a couple more people to test out my software and provide feedback  ;D >:( :( :o .

It has been thoroughly tested using Windows 7, and I confirmed it works on Windows 10.

Best results are currently achieved using J-Tech or LaserInk Grbl branches.

It supports PWM for greyscale images, black/white conversion for text and graphics, (basic) dxf import for vector cutting.

You can save the G-Code and just use it for conversion, run the machine with it or use it as a viewer with S# support.

It can be downloaded here: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php?topic=41.msg272#msg272
Then PM me your "User ID" and I will give you a license key for the full version, including minor updates.

- Zax.

Update: All free license keys have been spoken for, trial version is still available of course.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:47:10 PM by Zax »

MassimilianoMarradi

• View Profile
Re: T2 Laser
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 01:31:29 AM »
You know, I'm in :)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 04:20:04 AM »
You know, I'm in :)

Thank you!

I wish I had a Mac so I could get it working correctly in a VM environment, but perhaps together we can figure it out.

- Zax.

caperry88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 06:40:56 AM »
I would be willing to test on Mac once I get my laser assembled.  I can test software on my pc too, just that I am running xp still.
Equipment:  Gearbest 2500mw A5 Mini Laser Engraving Machine  -  2500MW  SILVER 167912906 Air-cooling Weak Light Automatic Positioning DIY Kit
Software: T2Laser with J-Tech Photonics 0.9g Grbl

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
I would be willing to test on Mac once I get my laser assembled.  I can test software on my pc too, just that I am running xp still.

Massimiliano tried it on a Mac VM and had some issues, I may have corrected some of them in the latest release so if you want to try that would be great.

It should run OK on Windows XP, I did test it but never hooked it to my laser as that PC is dedicated to my CNC router.

- Zax.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 07:38:44 AM »
@Zax...I'll take a look at it too...
Admin -- Ralph -- ralphfreshour at gmail com
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv1qee2vb65785t/SetupBenCutLaser3.2a.zip?dl=0
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to ralphfreshour at gmail com

jlauzon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 05:45:55 PM »
Zax, can you post up a recommended stack/installation guide for your T2 software?

E.g.
1) Download the following
  - Link 1 (firmware)
  - Link 2 (GRBL)
  - Link 3 (etc)

2) Flash laser with firmware
  - software utility to use to flash laser, etc.

3) Etc...you get the idea

I received my replacement cable connectors and have the Benbox laser working with the default software. It's beyond lacking in options (as you all know already). I will definitely buy a license from you if it's as good as the description and screenshots look.

P.s. Can we do a raster engraving with Benbox software? I tried and it simply overburns a single line over and over in the same y position.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:18:10 AM by jlauzon »

carolynsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 11:42:35 PM »
Zax, Your software will not install on Windows XP - "Prerequisite check for system component Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64) failed with the following error message:
"Installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is not supported on this operating system. Contact your application vendor."

I know I am a Luddite still being on XP but use a number of programs that I am reluctant to lose and cannot install on another machine; looks like I shall have to give in and buy a new, long-overdue, PC!

Mike
2.5W BangGood laser kit in use by my daughter for craft work.
3.5W BangGood with TTL board in use by me as a developemt tool only.
T2Laser and Benbox software.

carolynsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 11:49:14 PM »

P.s. Can we do a raster engraving with Benbox software? I tried and it simply overburns a single line over and over in the same y position.
Thanks!

Yes for sure you can, here is a very early example from when I was getting used to the settings for my my daughter (her design not mine). I would use a lower burn time now, from memory this was at 30ms; 10ms would be better.

Are you able to drive the X axis using the steering controls at top left? If not there is a problem with either the motor or its connections/driver module.
Mike

jlauzon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 12:32:55 AM »
Yes for sure you can, here is a very early example from when I was getting used to the settings for my my daughter (her design not mine). I would use a lower burn time now, from memory this was at 30ms; 10ms would be better.

Are you able to drive the X axis using the steering controls at top left? If not there is a problem with either the motor or its connections/driver module.
Mike

Thanks for the response.

If I use the pitiful Benbox application to draw a curve or circle, it traces the vector perfectly; both X and Y axis motors actuate as they should. If I open a.jpg or .png image, it does the single line burn. It makes a pass on the x axis for each y line in the image.

I put my finger on the motor spindle to make sure it's not just a belt slip or jam. The spindles don't step at all.

Tomorrow I'll take a short video of both operations for posterity. Maybe reflashing the firmware, reinstalling the driver or something along those lines will resolve it.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 05:36:56 AM »
@carolynsdad

I have an XP system that runs one of my CNC machines. T2Laser worked OK on it, but perhaps because I already had .NET 4.0 installed.

When you install T2Laser it checks your system for any missing resources and attempts to download them from Microsoft. I chose this method in an attempt to keep the installer small, and because most systems already have .NET installed.

I guess since Microsoft no longer support XP it won't work. What I can do is create a full installer with the necessary resource files, that should work for you. It may be too large to post here but I will provide a link.

- Zax.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 05:40:38 AM »
Zax, can you post up a recommended stack/installation guide for your T2 software?

Yes, I need to do that. Will try to get it posted today.

Are you sure it's not stepping a small amount each time? One of the major issues with Benbox is you can't easily control the resolution, so it takes forever to do even a simple image.

-Zax.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 06:25:37 AM »
@carolynsdad

Please try the attached and let me know if it works.

It's the latest version compiled specifically for .NET 4.0 which is available for XP.

Here's the .NET 4.0 Frameworks in case you need it:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

- Zax.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 04:26:50 AM by Zax »

carolynsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 02:07:19 AM »
@carolynsdad

Please try the attached and let me know if it works.

It's the latest version compiled specifically for .NET 4.0 which is available for XP.

Here's the .NET 4.0 Frameworks in case you need it:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

- Zax.

Hi Zax,
Sorry for the delay as for some reason the Microsoft link was down until last night.  I already had .NET 4.0 installed anyway but ran the download which offered just to repair or remove; I opted for repair of course.

I tried running your XP special but it still would not install; giving the message:
"Prerequisite check for system component Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64) failed with the following error message:
"Installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is not supported on this operating system. Contact your application vendor."

Regards,
Mike

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 05:33:06 AM »
Mike,

I'm sorry to hear that. It installed on my XP system, but perhaps because I already have some other files installed that you don't.

I will find a spare hard drive and install XP clean, then try this version of T2Laser.

I know the current version won't work as adding international languages requires the latest .NET but this build was specifically compiled with NET 4.0 only.

- Zax.