I must be missing something. I have an A5 2500mW that I had finally gotten set up to where my 10mm square acutally came out as a 10mm square instead of 30mm. I decided to upgrade to Grbl 0.9 because it was burning through the cardboard I was trying to engrave and I wanted the pwm support to drop the laser intensity. I have been hopping between Benbox, Universal G Code sender 1.0.9, and the trial version of T2 Laser because each of them has features that I like and I haven't decided which one I want to use as my main software yet.
Ever since flashing the 0.9 firmware, I get no response at all when using Benbox, Universal G Code sender takes forever to move from the home position to the position that the job starts (I'm talking 8 seconds to move 1mm) and then runs at normal speed but doesn't turn on the laser, and T2 seems to work as it did before.
I followed the T2Laser_Conversion2 documentation to do the initial firmware update and swapped the jumper. When I started getting weird results with Benbox and UGCS, I reflashed using the firmware posted by Zax and XLoader in case the firmware flashed by T2 was tailored just for it, but I am still getting the same results.
I'm sure there is probably just something I've missed. I'm continuing to look through this forum and consulting Dr Google, but so far I'm coming up empty.