Author Topic: Some Grbl firmware  (Read 17644 times)

caperry88

• View Profile
Re: Some Grbl firmware
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 04:51:52 AM »
Klaus,

I had an issue, I thought I had j-tech loaded, but didn't so I used XLoader to flash the J-tech again and it worked.  I am using the J-tech in my sig block.

Can you post your GRBL settings?  $$ in UGS or similar program.
Equipment:  Gearbest 2500mw A5 Mini Laser Engraving Machine  -  2500MW  SILVER 167912906 Air-cooling Weak Light Automatic Positioning DIY Kit
Software: T2Laser with J-Tech Photonics 0.9g Grbl

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 06:39:26 AM »
Klaus,

I think you have a different board, so T2Laser firmware upload won't work but since you already flashed with xloader I don't think you need to worry. I just put these features in for beginners so they don't have to locate other software / hex or understand the settings etc.

You're an expert, so no need for these  :D

- Zax

kkberg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 07:17:08 AM »
Hi Zax,

I've the original Benbox controller (ELEKS MAKER board) from Banggood.  I already posted a photo with all my boards. This function isn't an issue fro me as I already said, because I can do it manually. You are right, I've two other controllers which are not from Banggood which I bought to make some test and other things. :)

Klaus

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 09:11:25 AM »
You are using the Nano that came with the Eleks board?

I use defaults that only work with that particular USB chip, others need different settings.

- Zax

kkberg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 12:53:29 PM »
Yes, it's the original ELEKS MAKER board as it was shipped. No change was made. As I already have written, it's not important and I only wanted to test the function. :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:54:41 PM by kkberg »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 04:43:06 PM »
There must be something different as I've used T2Laser to flash both L1 and L2 boards with various Nano's installed and never had an issue. I wonder if it's related to German OS.

- Zax

g0rg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 09:47:57 AM »
Hi guys, 1st of all thanks for this gorgeous forum  ;)

I just bought this http://www.banggood.com/5500mW-A3-30x40cm-Desktop-DIY-Violet-Laser-Engraver-Picture-CNC-Printer-Assembling-Kits-p-1009577.html

and i planned to use the PWM on it, is it possible and if yes , which firmware should i use ?

Be patient, i'm quite new to engraving and cutting stuff...

Regards,
Fred

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 09:54:31 AM »
Welcome Fred...!!!
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup1.8.6m.exe.zip
BCL Paid license: $39.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 12:18:52 PM »
Welcome Fred.

Yes that should do PWM, just follow my "conversion2" instructions (see my signature).

3 simple steps, T2Laser should install the firmware and settings you need to get started - then you can use whatever program you want after that.

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 02:47:13 AM »
Hello,
I was just wondering what the differences are between theses 3 different firmwares? Are there any advantages ove one or the other? Is there a reason to go with a higher KHz PWM, ie does it give faster movement or more precise movements??
Thanks,
Ki.

Here are 3 useful hex (firmware) files:
Eleks Maker (Benbox): LX-Nano.328p.20150626.hex
J-Tech Grbl 0.9 (optimized for laser scanning, 1kHz PWM): jtech_grbl.hex
LaserInk Grbl 0.9 by nickw89509 (optimized for laser scanning, 7.8kHz PWM): laserink_grbl.hex
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker L5
Software: T2Laser
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560 cura
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 04:46:25 AM »
The Benbox one is obviously different to the other 2, so lets just look at those and compare.

The PWM frequency is related to the laser control, the Nano standard is 7.8kHz. J-Tech must be using a coded divider of sorts to get the 1kHz stream which works with their TTL driver.

It probably makes no difference to our machines, although theoretically the higher pulse rate should generate a smoother analog output (if the driver can switch fast enough, which is unlikely).

I found for the same G-Code the J-Tech processes it slightly faster but again, not much difference as they're both build on the same Grbl and just tweaked to remove the pauses when changing spindle speed.

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2016, 05:17:25 AM »
Super Zax,
Thanks for the clarification, appreciated
=)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker L5
Software: T2Laser
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560 cura
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps

Hooty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 09:58:29 AM »
I must be missing something. I have an A5 2500mW that I had finally gotten set up to where my 10mm square acutally came out as a 10mm square instead of 30mm.  I decided to upgrade to Grbl 0.9 because it was burning through the cardboard I was trying to engrave and I wanted the pwm support to drop the laser intensity.  I have been hopping between Benbox, Universal G Code sender 1.0.9, and the trial version of T2 Laser because each of them has features that I like and I haven't decided which one I want to use as my main software yet. 

Ever since flashing the 0.9 firmware, I get no response at all when using Benbox, Universal G Code sender takes forever to move from the home position to the position that the job starts (I'm talking 8 seconds to move 1mm) and then runs at normal speed but doesn't turn on the laser, and T2 seems to work as it did before.

I followed the T2Laser_Conversion2 documentation to do the initial firmware update and swapped the jumper.  When I started getting weird results with Benbox and UGCS, I reflashed using the firmware posted by Zax and XLoader in case the firmware flashed by T2 was tailored just for it, but I am still getting the same results. 

I'm sure there is probably just something I've missed.  I'm continuing to look through this forum and consulting Dr Google, but so far I'm coming up empty.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 10:11:24 AM »
Welcome to our community...!!!
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup1.8.6m.exe.zip
BCL Paid license: $39.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

Hooty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 11:29:53 AM »
Thank you.  I really appreciate all the effort you and your community have put into this site.  It has really helped me build an understanding of the inner workings of these machines, not just how to put a picture in and make it burn.