Author Topic: Engravings quality problem  (Read 1047 times)

ComicBit

• View Profile
Engravings quality problem
« on: August 05, 2016, 09:02:40 AM »
Hello, right now i'm having a issue with engraving images by lines with the Raster 2 Laser GCode generator.
Every image that i give him the result seems to be "Pixelated"

Here you can see what i mean. There is any solution? Is maybe the exporter plugin or is a problem of mine?

The gcode on simulator seems to report the same "pixelating" result:

On the attachments you can find the gcode of the project and the image used for making it.
Thanks for helping
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:21:21 AM by ComicBit »
A5 500mW Laser Cutter from GearBest

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Engravings quality problem
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »
That is probably just a resolution constraint, your G-code is in 0.2 mm steps = 127 dpi.

Use 0.1 or 0.05 mm and you will get a smoother result at the expense of time. The only alternative is to anti alias the edges and use grey scale, but I am not sure if it's possible using that plug in.

Here are examples exported from T2Laser (I had to zip them to meet the forum restrictions).

ComicBit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 05:00:35 AM »
This is the result after 30+ hours. I've of course deleted the job (still almost other 10 hours). Is the first time that i see things like this, and i think the problem was on Ultimate Gcode Sender. Infact on the cmd windows that is opened together with UGCS UI i've see a strage line instead of "Line 44958 of 59588" it say "java heap memory"... I think that i have to change my sender. However, the code was too strange. TOO SLOW. And the passes was really depth. Line was of course confused because of the long time fixed in a point to burn it.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 05:03:13 AM by ComicBit »
A5 500mW Laser Cutter from GearBest

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 09:39:20 AM »
I generated the G-code using the same feed rate I saw in your file, obviously it can be adjusted as needed.

Actually I provided those as examples for you to plot in the simulator and see the improvement, but obviously it's a trade off between time and quality.

You should be able to get the same results from the plug-in if you change the step to 0.1 or 0.05 as you prefer.

czrobi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 10:21:30 PM »
Hi Guys, I am from Hungary and new in laser engraving. I engrave anodized aluminium, but have a new workpiece with polished anodized surface. Its like a mirror. My question is: can I engrave this surface without damage the laser head? I am afraid, it reflects the laser beam back to the head. Any suggestion? Thanks! :)

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 10:28:28 PM »
Hi Guys, I am from Hungary and new in laser engraving. I engrave anodized aluminium, but have a new workpiece with polished anodized surface. Its like a mirror. My question is: can I engrave this surface without damage the laser head? I am afraid, it reflects the laser beam back to the head. Any suggestion? Thanks! :)

Please start a new thread...this is not related to this thread...
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup2.5b.exe.zip
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com