Author Topic: Carve Mode: Outline  (Read 3166 times)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Carve Mode: Outline
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 06:11:15 AM »
Yes, that is normal. DXF is a vector format, so generally used for cutting outlines.

If you want to engrave the text (filled) it would need to be scanned which is obviously slower, but T2Laser is much faster than Benbox because you can change the resolution as needed.

In T2Laser if you use CorelDraw and the PLT export you can pseudo fill the shapes as attached image. There are many options (refer to my PLT import document for more examples) so this may be what you want.

You can use the Benbox firmware for testing T2Laser, and the trial will work just fine for DXF/PLT import.

Sonic385

• 500 mW Banggood DIY laser engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 06:23:24 AM »
Thank you for replay, In meanwhile I find out that when using postcript fill I can maintain fill with curves. Now only problem is to find right spacing, so there is no too much curves that will result in burning deeper whole. I tried T2laser, but was not able to get it to work right. Since that was in beginning of my learning and now I know little more, ill try it again.
500 mW Banggood DIY laser engraver

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 10:04:27 AM »
Postscript fill is probably the same thing for DXF files, I haven't personally tried that. I just use engraving mode for filled text, as the variable resolution in T2Laser does essentially the same thing.

ScottS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 07:40:32 AM »
Hello,
I'm new to all this and recently built a 2W A5 kit from Gearbest.  I got everything set up and working using the basic configuration and Benbox software.  I was experimenting with different settings on different materials and things were going well.  I was doing some simple outline cuts on paper using line art images and text generated with the included text tool without issue.  Later, I went to try more outline cuts and the machine just sat there when I hit the start button.  It seems it doesn't want to do outline cuts anymore.  Now if I create a circle with the included tool, it will outline cut that no problem.  Am I doing something wrong?  Why would it just quit doing outline carves?  One-way and two-way scanning works every time.  Any help for the noob would be appreciated!

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 11:57:35 AM »
Welcome ScottS, hopefully someone that uses Benbox can help you out.

Lob0426

• Global Moderator
  • Let the Magic Blue Smoke out!
    • View Profile
    • Richards RasPi Web Server
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 06:15:00 PM »
Weird things happen sometimes. Most of the time shutting down the program, unplug the USB from your computer or the controller. Plug USB back in. Restart the program.

That Usually clears most things up.
Richard
A5 2.5W w/homing switches on L7
A5 2W diode self upgraded from stock 500mw

Experimenting with Mega2560 board upgrade

ScottS

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 11:36:32 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  I tried everything.  It just won't do outline anymore.  So I've moved on to just importing DXF files for now using outline.  Once I'm more comfortable, I'll be switching over to Zax's software.  From what I've seen in here so far, that seems to be the way to go anyway.

Stanislaves

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 04:43:51 AM »
Hello people
I bought a 2.5W laser 30x40cm -
Main dosk Nano LX
Windows 10 64bit
Softwear benbox 3.7.99
firmwear - Nano LX
Ch340 soft - OK
Laser does not work in MODE OUTLINE
Only works - Scan the line, Scan by Z-shaped
I can not cut in line.
Where is the problem ?

Please help me know?

(I have at home este kind of controll board - Eleks Maker - X1 - is better than Eleks Nano?)
I am a beginner - we use Benbox Softwear - some other softwear is good for beginners? T2? etc ...?

Excuse my English, but Google translator is my friend :)

Thanks for help

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 04:56:22 AM »
Hi Stanislaves,

I think this is a bug with Benbox on some systems, perhaps 64-bit or Windows 10.

Of course I am biased but I think T2Laser is easy to use although many more options than Benbox.

It will do the outline using trace feature and usually better results as you don't get double lines.

Stanislaves

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 05:19:12 AM »
I am experimenting with the free version T2
I try to sign in curves, but I can not slowing down. After setting 1 mm / 1minute it is quick and inaccurate.
  I do not know him to slow down so as to draw more slowly
But I'm a complete beginner, the fault is with me.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2016, 07:44:33 AM »
If you are doing vector (like outline mode in Benbox) either with Trace or DXF type file, try reducing the feed (speed).

If cutting, maybe 100 to start.

I think you are adjusting the resolution, as in quality but this is for scanning/engraving. 0.1 is a good start, and typical range maybe 0.05 to 0.15 depending on image and size.