Author Topic: Vector vs Raster  (Read 14076 times)

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Vector vs Raster
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 11:24:11 AM »
Since I am using the same internal G-code generation modules and just combining the outputs (as we discussed before) I can guarantee it's the same ;D

I figured it probably was :)

poolhound

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 12:28:19 PM »
Thanks Zax, no implied criticism meant, just trying to make sure I understood what it is meant to do. I appreciate your responsiveness and the regular product updates.

I have 2 primary applications. 1) text that looks like it has been engraved or routed into the wood. This may or may not be secondary filled with some paint/wax product and 2) Just simple message text.

For #2 the hashing is a good alternative but for #1 i need an engraved area whether it is to be filled or not and I want the edges to be as crisp and clean as possible.

Jon
Phoenix,AZ

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 02:26:39 PM »
no implied criticism meant

None taken and I apologize if my reply came across as such. We're all chill here  8)

Dixonon

• View Profile
Vector vs Raster
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2016, 10:31:05 PM »
We've started testing geospatial PDF versions of our maps specifically because users are asking for a PDF Maps friendly edition.  So far we're very pleased and so are the users.  Of course there's a learning curve.  One of our questions is about whether or not to use pure raster PDF's or to have some or all of the data as vector.

Does Avenza have a recommendation on this issue?  Is the software primarily a raster-oriented product or are there advantages to vector data?

Thank you for your help.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2016, 10:52:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum Dixon...!!!
Admin -- Ralph -- ralphfreshour at gmail com
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv1qee2vb65785t/SetupBenCutLaser3.2a.zip?dl=0
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to ralphfreshour at gmail com