Author Topic: No gcode feed back in window  (Read 910 times)

gary45

• View Profile
No gcode feed back in window
« on: January 26, 2016, 09:28:48 AM »
I installed Grbl on my Benbox machine and then connected Universal Gcode Sender and I can connect to my laser machine.

However, from what I've read online, when I type in $ I am supposed to see the default parameters listed coming from my controller board. However, nothing returns.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I not have Grbl flashed correctly into my Ardunio Nano board?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: No gcode feed back in window
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 04:29:43 PM »
If you are connected; correct com port and speed (baud rate) and click open. Then Grbl will display the welcome instructions and then you can enter a command like '$' and you should see the response.

- Zax.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Pilot Instructor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 08:02:51 AM »
Thanks Zak...I'm seeing a response now...I think I may have forgotten to make the connection first!!

I was also wondering if there was a gcode sender tool out there that would allow me to paste in multiple lines of code and then have it execute those lines? Right now I'm having to reload a file each time. I'm learning to program in gcode and writing my own commands to send to the laser machine. I thought it sure would be handy to be able to have a small window to paste code into and then be able to edit it on the fly and resend/edit/resend etc.

I'm a Visual Studio 2013 C# developer so I could write my own app to do that I suppose. I'm just kind of busy at the moment with a lot of other things.
Ralph--Admin -- support_BenCutLaser_us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup1.8.3a.exe.zip
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BCLVirtualLaserMachineSetup1.8.2.exe.zip
BCL Paid license: $39.95
VLM Paid license: $19.95 (stand alone version)
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 10:55:39 AM »
If you are using Grbl, any serial comms program will work or you can easily write your own in C#.

The difficult part is the very small memory on Arduino Nano, so the Grbl buffer is limited and you have to ensure it doesn't fill up.

- Zax.