Author Topic: Installing T2Laser on my XP machine  (Read 10215 times)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Installing T2Laser on my XP machine
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 02:22:33 PM »
Did you re-install the COM driver?

I had the same issue on a friends PC today and found the default driver would do exactly what you described but after updating the driver it worked correctly.

Here's the post: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,945.msg11801.html#msg11801

Scimitar

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2016, 09:50:45 AM »
Hi Zax

I did re-install drivers as well as other software (including T2), but quite sure that it was the com port driver issue.
By the way, I have still not been able to get the default parameters to upload - the final step in your conversion document. The unit is however functional and if necessary, I will manually adjust where neccessary.

We have now upgraded to the paid version of T2 and are going through the learning curve of figuring out what settings work best with the Banggood 2.5W A3 laser!

Thanks of all the help.

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »
Zac  Hi I am new to this thread and lasers in general.
I built a fairly large plotter so I could plot plans for my foam airplanes instead of printing stanard pages and taping them together.
well I decided to put a laser on it and hopefully cut the foam board which I found not possible with a diode laser.
Well now I want to  turn it into a laser engraver/ cutter to do other things.  I have a 7 watt laser head that I bought from Sunwin, and then also bought a eleksMaker board to change out my Grbl shield ans arduino nano.   From the research on the net I would like to  use the T2 laser software to run it. they gave me benbox  but I have yet to recieve the eleks boardand not sure if it is the eleks 1  or  7  looking at the picture on amazon.
So what I want to know is what  do I need as far as firmware and drivers and links of where to get them.  I also want to use limits.

also this plotter does i would say 32" X 32"  will T2 work on something like that.

new to this and sure you have helped many poeple and it is probably been asked many time  I just get confused with all the different things I have read. 

I take it GRBL is up to 1.1 know.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 05:05:41 PM »
If possible, use the standard version and not the XP release as it's a few version out of date.

T2Laser have several firmware options included, and the next version (which I plan to release soon) also has the latest Grbl 1.1c hex included.

You can use the trial to install the firmware to your machine, all you need to have are the Windows drivers installed.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 05:06:38 PM by Zax »

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2016, 11:11:12 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Like I said I have not recieved the board yet, so I well keep checking for the next version to come out.

with all the christmas stuff who knows when it will get here from china.

Marcel

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2017, 05:40:12 PM »
Hi Zax, IJust mounted my system today, A3 with ManaSE, i could not get the eleksCam software to open, it always crashed on startup. I tried to install your trial version but this PC is running on XP. so problems due to non compatibility with Net 4.5. I could update to a later version of windows but i need this XP for other software and i'm not sure if drivers are available for W7 or later.

I found and installed your older XP version basically to test motor movement, laser etc. It worked out of the box once i selected the com port and at least i managed to test the motors and make a hole with the laser. I'll play about with it for a while and see how i get on while i decide what to do PC and OS wise, thanks for keeping it available.
cheers
Derek
Eleksmaker A3 Pro with Z axis.
Heavily Modded Anet A8 with Octoprint and Raspberry pi.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2017, 04:58:24 AM »
I run one of my lasers using a cheap Windows 10 tablet ($60 BF deal), that may be a better option than an old XP computer but the XP version is stable it just lacks some features.

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2017, 10:48:11 AM »
Been looking at windows tablets and dual os with Android as well but most don't say if they have independent charging port, does yours? would appreciate the full name or link so i could check them out
Thanks
Derek

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2017, 12:25:48 PM »
Mine has a separate power connector but can also charge via a micro-USB, the full sized USB runs the laser and I leave it powered all the time. The only negative effect is now when you unplug the power the battery dies in 15 minutes or less.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2017, 12:35:39 PM »
Mine has a separate power connector but can also charge via a micro-USB, the full sized USB runs the laser and I leave it powered all the time. The only negative effect is now when you unplug the power the battery dies in 15 minutes or less.

Problem solved https://www.amazon.com/external-cell-phone-batteries/b?ie=UTF8&node=7073960011
 ;D ;D ;D
Laser: A5 2000mw with L7 Board / A3 2500mw PWM with Mana SE -- All using T2Laser
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2.1
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

kered

• View Profile
    • Laracha-Meteo
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »
I'm now half way over the wall  :) thanks to Zax for the idea i got myself a Cheap Acer aspire Switch 10e with Windows 10 with 500gb  hard drive, the charging port is separate to the usb port so on a long burn i can charge at the same time if it can keep up as it charges very very slow,
 I'll share it between 3dprinters and laser stuff only so as to keep it clean and light. Elekscam at least opens on it without crashing so we'll see how it goes and i'll take a look at the full T2laser edition too
Cost me 175 and the only one left is the expo one, its a crossbreed tablet/netbook as you can remove the 10.1" screen (anyone want a second hand nearly new Samsung galaxy tab S2 10.5" Android) only joking as it was a birthday gift.
cheers
Derek

pbucc

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2018, 08:14:30 AM »
hi Zax.  I guess that you've stopped supporting an XP version?  I have an old desktop that I was thinking of using.  I really don't think it'll take Windows 10.
2500mw A3 eleks maker.
Windows 10.
T2 Laser.
"I'm new to this. Please be gentle"

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2018, 04:12:28 AM »
You can still download and use the last version (1.3y) that supports .net 4.0 but I have no immediate plans to release an update for it.

I would suggest getting a cheap Windows 10 tablet or laptop.