Author Topic: Installing T2Laser on my XP machine  (Read 2751 times)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Installing T2Laser on my XP machine
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 02:22:33 PM »
Did you re-install the COM driver?

I had the same issue on a friends PC today and found the default driver would do exactly what you described but after updating the driver it worked correctly.

Here's the post: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,945.msg11801.html#msg11801

Scimitar

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2016, 09:50:45 AM »
Hi Zax

I did re-install drivers as well as other software (including T2), but quite sure that it was the com port driver issue.
By the way, I have still not been able to get the default parameters to upload - the final step in your conversion document. The unit is however functional and if necessary, I will manually adjust where neccessary.

We have now upgraded to the paid version of T2 and are going through the learning curve of figuring out what settings work best with the Banggood 2.5W A3 laser!

Thanks of all the help.

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »
Zac  Hi I am new to this thread and lasers in general.
I built a fairly large plotter so I could plot plans for my foam airplanes instead of printing stanard pages and taping them together.
well I decided to put a laser on it and hopefully cut the foam board which I found not possible with a diode laser.
Well now I want to  turn it into a laser engraver/ cutter to do other things.  I have a 7 watt laser head that I bought from Sunwin, and then also bought a eleksMaker board to change out my Grbl shield ans arduino nano.   From the research on the net I would like to  use the T2 laser software to run it. they gave me benbox  but I have yet to recieve the eleks boardand not sure if it is the eleks 1  or  7  looking at the picture on amazon.
So what I want to know is what  do I need as far as firmware and drivers and links of where to get them.  I also want to use limits.

also this plotter does i would say 32" X 32"  will T2 work on something like that.

new to this and sure you have helped many poeple and it is probably been asked many time  I just get confused with all the different things I have read. 

I take it GRBL is up to 1.1 know.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 05:05:41 PM »
If possible, use the standard version and not the XP release as it's a few version out of date.

T2Laser have several firmware options included, and the next version (which I plan to release soon) also has the latest Grbl 1.1c hex included.

You can use the trial to install the firmware to your machine, all you need to have are the Windows drivers installed.

Marcel

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2016, 11:11:12 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Like I said I have not recieved the board yet, so I well keep checking for the next version to come out.

with all the christmas stuff who knows when it will get here from china.

Marcel