Author Topic: which hex file for my laser?  (Read 1769 times)

ROSS

• View Profile
Re: which hex file for my laser?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 08:43:06 AM »
FORGET  the Benbox you DON'T  have to use it..... and use one of the two progs mentioned.
 Its up to you.  Benbox DOES  work once you have learned to program the machine but you will find the two progs I mentioned  more versatile and they contain all the instruction for setup IF you follow the info..

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 12:11:05 AM by ROSS »
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

mustafa

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2016, 02:25:53 AM »
Laser motors are working but laser lamp is not burning
you may look to videos https://youtu.be/EMjKFYrWb24 and https://youtu.be/O87-Qy91Ny8

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2016, 04:34:14 AM »
Are you still using Benbox or did you convert to Grbl and try T2Laser?

If your using Grbl it sounds like you haven't moved the jumper. Follow the conversion document in my signature, there are 3 steps you need to do. #1 load the firmware which is included with T2Laser, #2 move the jumper, #3 upload the default parameters. In 95% of cases this will get you working unless your machine has some mechanical or electrical fault.

mustafa

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 05:25:42 AM »
before, My laser is working but i upluaded firmware and the laser didn't work.

Maybe i need hex file. Have you got hex files? may you send me?

mustafa_1121@hotmail.com

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 05:56:55 AM »
IF YOU HAVE LOADED T2  program then follow the PDF below

Hardware Conversion for T2Laser 1. Install firmware .

a. Open T2Laser (or use T2Laser Controller and skip the next step)
 b. Click the controller icon c. Select the laser COM port from the drop down box i. If the port is already connected (XY position is showing), right click the stop / disconnect button
d. Hold down “Ctrl” key and click the connect button 

e. Select “Yes” and the firmware uploaded will begin
f. Wait for the upload to finish

2. Change the laser control pin to match Grbl 0.9 a. Disconnect the USB cable and power supply, then carefully remove the Nano circuit board, highlighted on image below left b. Move the plastic jumper to the location shown below right (V0.9)

c. If your control board does not support Grbl v0.9, you will need to compile a custom version of the hex file (which is beyond the scope of this document)

3. Change Grbl settings to match your system a. Open T2Laser and connect your machine (do not load an image or G-Code) i. After it shows “Ready” and the XY positions are displayed ii. Hold down “Ctrl” and click the Send G-Code button

iii. Select “Yes” and the settings will be uploaded to Grbl  b. Alternatively you can review and change the settings manually using a terminal emulator (e.g. Arduino IDE, Universal GCode Sender, CoolTerm) i. If your machine has different steps per mm or you want to experiment with different values you can use the T2Laser upload to set some defaults and then modify then manually.
===================================================================================

IF YOU LOADED THE BCL PROGRAM by Administrator THEN  the instructions are in the SETUP  section on the top line and as mentioned previously bottom left tells you how including how you load the HEX FILE.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 06:01:20 AM by ROSS »
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

mustafa

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2016, 06:45:05 AM »
the jumper hasn't got at my laser.

Have you got ROMs?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2016, 06:59:14 AM »
You board is hard wired for Grbl 0.9, so just complete the steps 1 & 3 and you should be good.

The ROM is included with T2Laser, you don't need anything else.

mustafa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2016, 07:29:39 AM »
Upload Grbl firmware? ----- it is ok.
Upload default parameters? ------ may it is be problem you may look to photo

mustafa

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2016, 07:44:16 AM »
i clicked ctrl hold + envelope for Upload default parameters?
maybe program is give error ? you may look to photo

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2016, 01:10:20 PM »
That is normal, it means the cheap Nano clone didn't save all the settings. Just do as it says, repeat the send again... and maybe one more time. Usually 3 is enough.

It works perfectly on most Nano's, even the "better" clones but the cheap ones that come with the Eleks boards have got worse and don't seem to store to EEPROM fast enough. I've fixed this in the next release by reducing the speed I send parameters.