Author Topic: Can T2L do this?  (Read 6171 times)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Can T2L do this?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 11:43:59 AM »
I agree with your process steps, but you seem to have extremely high feed rates.

I'm not running anywhere near that speed but motion is very smooth with no hesitations.

What resolution are you using? The default should be 0.1 mm.

It is possible at those speeds that Grbl is suffering from a buffer under-run situation, causing the motion planner to starve. I'm really surprised at your UGS comment as I've found it has issues at much lower rates compared to T2Laser. That was using the J-Tech firmware though.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 12:06:34 PM »
2500-3000 seems to be the right speed for the level of black that I am trying to achieve with this image which is why I'm trying to get it to work smoothly at that speed. From what I've read, I'm leaning towards the planner starving issue as well. Some have suggested increasing the baud rate to combat that but I haven't tried that. I may try to compile the latest changes and see if their serial buffer increase helps.

I am going to drop the max speed down to 3000 and the acceleration down to 1100 or 1200 and see if that helps any.

I have been using either .1 or .05, .05 on the last set of runs. I guess worst case is, I'll just have to slow it down and lower the power.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 12:10:39 PM »
Can you post the orig files. I would like to try with my home-brew firmware.

I did some very minor adjustments to the image that I'm using, just sharpness and brightness but here is the original image.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2016, 12:49:14 PM »
Thanks. For some unknown reason, the GTK library did not like the jpeg file. Opened with inkscape and exported as png. Printed very nicely on Neon index card stock at speed 1200 mm/min and laser power 10 out of 255. Will need to break out some real wood!!

Do you have any physical measurements. I have no idea if it is scaled properly. There is crap inside the text that should be cleanable with a little image editing.

Nice test for my home brew software/firmware. Sometimes I fudge the code to fit the data and get a big surprise when using real world files. Think I will have a beer to celebrate. Screw getting the firmware ARC code working.

SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2016, 01:24:23 PM »
I believe I scaled the width up to 114.9 in T2. The wooden board is roughly 145 X 170ish lol

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2016, 01:57:04 PM »
The original size being in pixels? My finish size is about 60 x 50 mm.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2016, 02:31:51 PM »
Sorry, those units were in mm.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2016, 04:30:31 PM »
I assumed the 145 x 170 were mm and the original jpec was pixels. Been having a brain fart translating pixels to mm. It possible that for engraving it doesn't matter that much. I bought this machine for cutting but now I am more interested in engraving.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2016, 06:02:24 PM »
Apparently your not the only one who had a brain fart lol. The 114.9 was the height of the image in mm after I scaled it up in T2L. I couldn't remember what the width was and I was at work trying to remember these details lol.