Author Topic: Error: You cannot start application T2Laser  (Read 3004 times)

Tsquared

• View Profile
Error: You cannot start application T2Laser
« on: October 22, 2016, 04:40:32 PM »
I'm running windows 10. I was using the 1.3f version and was running great. then I thought "hay I'll up grade because there's some new features I would like to try" So that being said I started to uninstalled the old version.(per blog reading). Here's were the problem starts.
T2Laser didn't show up in the list of programs to remove. So I manually deleted the files. And at this point when I do a system search nothing related to T2Laser showes up.
so now I try to install 1.3i and I get the error "You cannot start application T2Laser from this location because it is already installed from a different location."
This is part of the error readout if this helps.
ERROR DETAILS
   Following errors were detected during this operation.
   * [10/22/2016 3:57:20 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (DeploymentUriDifferent)
      - You cannot start application T2Laser from this location because it is already installed from a different location.
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.CheckDeploymentProviderValidity(ActivationDescription actDesc, SubscriptionState subState)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
      --- Inner Exception ---
      System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (DeploymentUriDifferent)
      - You cannot start application T2Laser from location file:///C:/Users/Tang%20Creations/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp2_T2Laser_Installer-13i.zip/T2Laser.application it is already installed from location file:///C:/Users/Tang%20Creations/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_T2Laser_Installer-13e_wm.zip/T2Laser.application. You can start it from location file:///C:/Users/Tang%20Creations/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_T2Laser_Installer-13e_wm.zip/T2Laser.application or you can uninstall it and reinstall it from location file:///C:/Users/Tang%20Creations/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp2_T2Laser_Installer-13i.zip/T2Laser.application. If you reinstall the application, be aware that you might lose any customizations that you made to the application.
      - Source:
      - Stack trace:

I also tried to revert to a previous win10 system setting. and my previous save is farther back then T2 install.
any advice will be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:54:23 PM by Tsquared »
2.5W / 2500mW 22x17cm / 8.66 x 6.69inch banggood

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Error: You cannot start application T2Laser
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 06:21:44 PM »
Did you locate where it was installed and remove that folder?

It should be something like C:\Users\%UserProfile%\appData\Local\Apps\2.0\ and then a cryptic name generated by ClickOnce.

I usually find it by running T2Laser and using Task Manager, but if you can't run the installed version I'm not sure how to fix it.

If this doesn't work I will see if I can find an alternate solution.

Tsquared

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 08:07:44 PM »
ok never would have gone there on my own. :o there are two folders there One is names Data and the other is YNHK237R.WH5 (That seems cryptic to me.)
Do I need to delete both of those files or just the cryptic one. the both have the same creation date.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 05:01:29 AM »
Unfortunately I don't choose the install folder, that's all handled by the wonderful ClickOnce deployment software from Microsoft.

Usually you go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, select T2Laser and click Uninstall.

So anyway, I think there's only 1 folder related to T2Laser install. If it's the T2Laser folder you should see the executable and other files in it? If so, just delete the folder or to be safe you could rename it (add a ~ or something in the front of the name).

I'm not sure about the other one, maybe related but check it's contents before deleting.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 05:02:08 AM by Zax »

Tsquared

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 07:11:09 AM »
Great work!! I renamed the folder. Did the new install and everything is up and running. Now I just need to figure out why T2 isn't showing up in my programs list. (Windows issue)
Thank you for you prompt response and knowledge of not just how your program works but how it interacts with windows. If anyone is second guessing about using this program just stop. The hunt is over the tech support alone is worth the money. You are truly a blessing to the crafter CNC laser community. Again thank you.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 08:06:20 AM »
I appreciate the kind words, and I'm very pleased you got it working.