Author Topic: G-code Simulator  (Read 771 times)

Duivleo

• View Profile
G-code Simulator
« on: October 22, 2016, 09:36:33 AM »
Hello All,

Probably, the below is already known to you. Never-the-less, I want to share this for those who do not.

I think we have  all experienced it all: You have prepared a G-code file (Yes, you can cut and paste and alter) and want to see how it looks like. Also: How may times we have made a text that is different in font-shape/size and found out it did not fit? (I have destroyed quite a few CNC-mils already.)

An easy way is to use a G-code simulator. They are commercially available. But there is a cheap, easy solution which I use.

My CNC-router/Engraver is upstairs, but I do most of my prelim work in the living-room and watch the 9 o'clock news at the same time. How?
Just buy a 2 dollar Nano (See picture of Dummy-Nano), no need to solder the headers to it, just use it for simulation only. Xload your GRBL to it. Start GRBL-controller (= A little piece of software that is free to download. Free?, yes Free. That is as music to a Dutchmen's ear.)

Connect the Nano to comp., load file and begin. With GRBL-Controller, you see the starting-point (is it really in the very left-hand corner?), the max and min of  Y  and X in mm. You will see G-code commands that are not reckonised.

With best regards,
Leo
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:49:56 AM by Duivleo »

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: G-code Simulator
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 10:59:32 AM »
Welcome to the forum @Duivleo...!!!
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
http://www.BenCutLaser.us/BenCutLaserSetup1.8.6m.exe.zip