Author Topic: Problem getting the Low-light positioning function working on my Laser Engraver.  (Read 5077 times)

Kenjo

• View Profile
Hi everyone.
Just found this forum from the Banggood site after reading some comments and some one was writing about a program that is called T2Laser.
The unit i bought is this one http://www.banggood.com/2_5W-Desktop-DIY-Violet-Laser-Engraver-Engraving-Machine-Picture-CNC-Printer-Assembling-Kits-p-1001413.html?rmmds=search
And i gotten to the point that everything seams to be working but not the Low-light positioning function button, the fan starts on the laser after pressing the button but i can't see any focusing dot.
I can still move the machine around inside benbox and turn on and off the laser.
Anyone know anything about this problem?

Best Reg
Kenjo
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:40:49 AM by Kenjo »

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem getting the focusing dot working on my Laser Engraver.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 08:24:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum @Kenjo...!!!
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv1qee2vb65785t/SetupBenCutLaser3.2a.zip?dl=0
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

Kenjo

• View Profile
Re: Problem getting the focusing dot working on my Laser Engraver.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:35:19 AM »
Thanks Administrator.

I wrote to Banggood to about my Low-light positioning function button problem to.
This machine is pretty useless untill i can focus the beam.

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
have you tried adjusting the potentiometer on the Eleks board? there is a pot next to the button that you can turn with a little screw driver and adjust the power going to the laser for low power focusing. It doesn't always fix this problem but its a place to start if you haven't tried that already.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Welcome Kenjo!

If you have the L7 you can adjust the pot as Agastar mentions, otherwise you're out of luck. When I purchased my machine it came with the older board which had no adjustment so "low light" mode never worked. That was one of the reasons (one of many) that I converted to Grbl 0.9 and started using PWM to control the laser power.

Then I wrote T2Laser to control the machine and replace Benbox.

Kenjo

• View Profile
@Agastar and @Zax!

Thanks allot!!!
Now i can see the Low light positioning point after adjusting the potentiometer, it seams that they just soldered it on and never adjusted it.!!!
Gonna look into your program instead Zax it seams like a big improvement over benbox , i looked on some of your youtube instruction videos erlier today.
Ill write to you private instead if its ok?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Yes, PM on here or email is OK too (zaxstaar@gmail.com).

Agastar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cool, I'm glad you got it working :)

Peter Fabricius

• I have a Eleks Maker 2500mW A5 laser
    • View Profile
Nice to hear you are now up and running.  I see this is an older thread but I am interested in knowing if any of the Menu settings on either page 1 or 2 can affect the low light?

In fact I would really love to know a lot more about all those settings and how they affect the operation of all parts of the laser?
The instructions are non existent and the various videos show bits and pieces but not one explains what all the settings do.
Hope someone can help, is there a Benbox manual that is better than the one posted in the Manuals and Documents section?
Thanks, this is my first post.
Peter F.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
>is there a Benbox manual that is better than the one posted in the Manuals and Documents section?

If you find a better one, please post it in that section -- thank you...
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv1qee2vb65785t/SetupBenCutLaser3.2a.zip?dl=0
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com