Author Topic: GBR files  (Read 30872 times)

beikeland

Re: GBR files
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2016, 08:59:20 PM »
Couldn't quite figure out why LW3 didn't want to run the diagonal g-code file.

But did run another attempt "my way" but forgot the dynamic power/constant power thingy was off again. and while there was very little difference on the T2 results from a line-by-line scan the difference is huge when running as vectors!

I presume its the overscan you've mentioned before that is the main reason for much improved results, regardless of that Grbl feature is on or off?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2016, 04:57:02 AM »
That's probably true.

beikeland

« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2016, 05:15:11 AM »
But as evident from the photoresist, there is little difference so you might consider activating it so users get the benefit when not doing scan based cuts (once they declare it a stable feature that is)?

The overall PCB process is getting pretty good now! Got the Soldermask almost usable now, and results more closer to the drawing by upping the dot-size in the settings making it less oversized.

But still need to have wheels replaced before I can do anything big due to the distortion that comes from the crooked wheels.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2016, 05:44:35 AM »
That does look really good.

I have it on my list, and planned to include it with 1.3m but then there was an update so I decided to wait. Users can always compile their own firmware if they want and either use my defaults or their own, but for "newbies" I prefer to have stable options which is why I still include 0.9g J-Tech as a choice and the 1.1c (beta).

Kunaphil

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2016, 11:18:28 AM »
beikeland,

Where are you getting your replacement wheels.   One of the ones on the  gantry has  a  flat spot and I think that may be part of my problem.
Just got my home switches installed!👍

beikeland

« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2016, 01:48:42 PM »
You get replacements from Banggod after collecting about 20 odd weeks of video,  360 degrees coverage and sacrificing your first born; I don't have kids, so I'm still sending them videos..

But I've ordered openbuilds style V wheels of a different dimension and will attempt to adapt the profiles to become V slots and make new parts for the X carriage.

beikeland

« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2016, 11:02:56 AM »
Looks like TQFP is doable, but I need to get the focus even better first. The oval dot is messing with my horisontal traces making them too thick.
(Those not familiar with the size, its 7x7mm and 0x8mm pin spacing, and the other pad is a 0805 resistor with a trace under it.)

Kunaphil

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2016, 04:40:57 PM »
Zax,
Is there a way to choose vector to raster instead of raster to vector?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2016, 06:24:32 PM »
Gerber files are technically an image, described numerically. So that is what you are getting, at the precision set by the resolution value.

Sketch, can also be converted to raster by selecting "filled" from the menu.

What is it exactly you are trying to do? DXF to Raster? If so, it's much better to Inkscape to fill the drawing and save the image.

Kunaphil

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »
Zax,
I am not sure how to explain what I'm experiencing.  I have been fairly successful with getting rid of the wavy lines by mechanically tuning up the unit.  Belt tension is critical and also no slop in the carriages.  When I run the laser, I have been running horizontal raster, with an auto trace so when the raster cut is done, it will outline and cut around the traces.  What I am seeing is a little bit of material that is left over that should have been burned away.  My thought possibly would have the capability to vector cut, then raster.  Not sure if that would help or not.

Thanks again,

Phil

Kunaphil

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »
Here is a pic.

beikeland

« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2016, 11:25:44 AM »
And the board does not move between the horizontal scanning and the outline?

Kunaphil

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2016, 11:34:20 AM »
Beikeland,
I am not sure I understand what you are asking.  It does run the horizontal raster and the it does the outlining, but when it is complete, I can see left over material that should have been "burned" and etched away.

beikeland

« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2016, 11:39:43 AM »
To me it looks like either the outline is skewed or the board has shifted, but when I think about i haven't actually tried adding the outline to the etches I did with T2 as they would exceed the 10k line limit of the demo, and it wasn't enabled in the test I ran on a file made by Zax.

Kunaphil

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2016, 11:54:40 AM »
I have the engraver permanently mounted and the board clamped.  Pretty sure nothing moved.