Author Topic: Unknown board  (Read 13362 times)

jorgan202

• View Profile
Re: Unknown board
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2017, 12:51:20 AM »
@jorgan202 -- is it feasible to consider purchasing a 'known' controller board? You might be fighting an up hill battle!

When you say "known" controller board, is that the Shield, NANO or laser driver module you are talking about.  I have been looking to buy the right stuff but then seem to end up chasing my own tail trying to work out what is not a Chinese rip off. (and I'm a bit slow  :o, before the penny drops, so apologise for that).

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2017, 04:20:45 AM »
I'm not clear exactly what you are doing, are you measuring the output from your driver to the laser diode?

Without knowing what diode you have I can't say what the operating voltage should be, but 3.4~5.6VDC is typical so your numbers are reasonable, and current would be limited based on the potentiometer.

jorgan202

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2017, 04:50:18 AM »
Yes, I am, I realize that it is no load volts.  Trying to work why I destroyed the diode, probably from a spike buy unplugging rather than turning off.  Pic shows the diode output, I unplugged the laser to measure the volts.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:58:23 AM by jorgan202 »

jorgan202

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2017, 05:02:14 AM »
Black wire is now removed on the TTL input. See attachment

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2017, 07:18:40 AM »
Diodes are very sensitive, unplugging while powered will usually result in failure. Excess current is the other easy way to quickly destroy them, they are less affected by voltage although it causes excess heat which, you guessed it, kills the diode as well.

The driver won't be providing the correct voltage without load, but that isn't your problem.

Alvis

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2017, 01:22:07 AM »
KLINOK any luck to run different software? did you solder male pins to make jumpers?
One day,or Day one,You decide!

5.5w diy 400x380
T2 Mana se