Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 10977 times)

ROSS

• View Profile
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 04:36:12 AM »
Hence the often read admonition

"Always read the ****** leaflet!!"
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

dindunuffin

• Not even bright enough to participate in forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 10:17:54 AM »
LOL, I'm just not the brightest bulb.   Everything is in here, but I'm simply on the wrong wavelength.   I'm so used to Windows software having everything staring you right in the face with a big label on it. I'm blaming Microsoft for training me so poorly

I keep assuming I understand everything and then there's another "hidden" feature that I overlooked.   In my defense, the directions did not specify 'what' to right click.  I right clicked everything except the laser buttons, so I guess I gave up too quickly.

Admonishing myself, I will go back and go thru the entire manual.

ROSS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 12:22:19 PM »
Atta boy...I will join you..
You are not alone on the forum having BIG problems!!
...and as one who has read everything as it comes up I can tell you...you are either lucky getting the laser to work right away or just downright unlucky.

Welcome to one of the latter  gang!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:23:35 PM by ROSS »
Lasers are wonderful machines..not ONLY  can they cut a finger off BUT  they can also cauterise it at the same time.....

SAFETY -  IS NO ACCIDENT

dindunuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »
If it weren't for Zax, I'd have given up a long time ago.  He really is the person responsible for getting most of us up and running.  And not to forget Ralph who put this forum together for all of us.  I hope I can learn enough to help others and yes I did go back and read ALL of the instructions one more time.

Dcatlin7921

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 09:39:12 AM »
What makes the glowforge so appealing to me is that it can use the webcam to auto center and auto rotate the image to the object. Plus in the use of "webcam" a very simple image sensor is all that is needed.  The weight added to the gantry would be negligible.  Im not talking about an of the shelf webcam.  Im thinking like a image sensor.  Bulk price from digikey is about 4 bucks,  or about $40 from adafruit for something that is ready to go.    Use the x gantry to take a "scan" of the work surface and then allow the user to position the image in the scan as desired.   Add a measuring tool in the software to help get things aligned. 

It would be a great secondary kit for someone to sell.  'Cough' Zax 'Cough'. 

Or if someone would just pick up a bulk amount of the A5 kits and pre set them up with grbl .9 and software + camera.
A5 2.5W
Running T2 registered.

All bugs have been squashed!

Working on enclosure, Custom electronics, Limit Switches, Cardboard Boat.

dindunuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 10:01:06 AM »
Oooooh, a turnkey kit with everything included, even instructions.  I'm only aware of one real working piece of software and one in production for these lasers.  That's a better start than Bill Gates had with Microsoft and the PC.

Dcatlin7921

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 06:35:30 PM »
I would like to request that the autozoom feature be allowed to work when using trace.

Thanks
A5 2.5W
Running T2 registered.

All bugs have been squashed!

Working on enclosure, Custom electronics, Limit Switches, Cardboard Boat.

dindunuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 07:42:07 PM »
That manual wasn't written, it was engineered!  Maximum information in minimum space.  Sometimes being loquacious is a good thing. ;D

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 05:34:17 AM »
I would like to request that the autozoom feature be allowed to work when using trace.

Yeah, been there and done that... disabled it.

I am tracing using the displayed image, so when you are zoomed the resolution isn't correct and the trace looks terrible.

I'm already keeping multiple copies of the image in RAM so adding another copy to do the trace is going to cause issues, the ones I have currently are needed for other purposes and won't work either, so long story short... I tried, I failed.

It is still on my list to get back to at some time and figure out a better method, but no guarantees of success.

Kold

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 02:21:41 PM »
Hey zax is there any plan for implementing a measuring system within T2? Kind of how benbox has the mm marks on the edge of the screen? That would be nice because then I could engrave something so it would be easier to line up what was being engraved. Also the trace frame feature isn't working for me for some reason. I enable it and it doesn't trace, however I only have the trial version still because I just purchased it yesterday and havnt gotten my code yet. Am I doing something wrong? Or just after enabling it, it will then trace the frame and then start?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2016, 07:12:57 PM »
Yes, adding rulers is on the list but will be added when I change the GUI. That's coming after features are added and stable. Currently you can see the extents, turn on the overlay on the design window or see the simulated view on the laser screen.

I'm not sure what you mean about enabling the frame, are you talking about the settings menu? That's to add a frame to the G-code, not to pre-draw it for alignment etc. You do that in the laser control screen using the manual laser buttons, check out the manual for information on that. It's fully functional in the trial.

Kold

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2016, 08:46:23 PM »
Sweet, Thanks! i was talking about The Engrave Frame Feature under settings. I was confusing that with the Trace Frame Feature. I didn't realize the engrave frame happens after the engraving. which is why i thought it didn't work. it definitely does. i had to re-read the manual but i found out that right clicking the laser off button does in fact trace the frame of the image before i start to help line stuff up! :D

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2016, 05:01:34 AM »
If you right click the laser on, it will draw the frame at the set power level. So you can set the power to 5 and just see the laser beam but not make a mark or increase power to actually burn the frame as you wish.

korikmate

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2016, 02:11:37 PM »
Hello,

I have a question: If I use the laser for engraving (raster), de two side of the picture (x max and x min position) allways darker/deeper then the other part of the picture. Why is that? Bug or phisics :)?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 03:24:34 PM »
It is caused by a gross mismatch between your speed (feed rate) being high and acceleration (also deceleration) value being low

Increase acceleration and it will be reduced, or lower for speed and they will be better balanced giving a more uniform result.

$120 is the x accel (mm/sec^2) and $121 is y accel, you should be able to use 600-800 without any problems, but it will depend how well setup your machine is. I run 1200 without seeing issues with speed up to 2000.

You can change these in T2Laser if you are registered, enable debug/advanced mode to bring up the manual g-code window and type in $120=800 and press enter, then repeat for $121=800 or whatever values you want to test.