Author Topic: Air Blower  (Read 4391 times)

Camera

• View Profile
Air Blower
« on: May 01, 2017, 05:00:03 PM »

kibodwin

• View Profile
Re: Air Blower
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 02:08:35 AM »
Hi Camera,
I plan to print this off (in one go, 8 hours +!!) but I was wondering how strong the air out the nozzle is. Is is enough to blow soot away? These types of fans done seem to be very powerful...
thanks
=)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps

Camera

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 06:11:54 PM »
Hi Camera,
I plan to print this off (in one go, 8 hours +!!) but I was wondering how strong the air out the nozzle is. Is is enough to blow soot away? These types of fans done seem to be very powerful...
thanks
=)

Sorry for the late reply.  The air is quite strong because it blow out from a small hole.  If you think it is too strong, you may redo the nozzle to a bigger diameter say 6mm.

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 10:43:45 PM »
No problem, be as later as you like.
I am.looking for a solution to blow away the spot from engraving wood, do you think this would do it? I am looking for quite a strong jet of air.... Sorry if I am being difficult!
Ki
:-)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 08:17:22 AM »
No problem, be as later as you like.
I am.looking for a solution to blow away the spot from engraving wood, do you think this would do it? I am looking for quite a strong jet of air.... Sorry if I am being difficult!
Ki
:-)

That setup with a linear fan like that should be fine for you. Pawpaw has a setup that uses one of those fans and I know Ralph (Admin) has it on his machine for cutting.
If you think you need more powerfull, look here: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,927.msg22759.html#msg22759
I have mine connected to my air compressor and regulated at 10-20 PSI depending on what I am working on. I like the ability to adjust the PSI on the fly with my setup. Only problem is my compressor runs a lot. It can get a bit noisy when trying to cut something at 1am. I would like to try one of these computer fan versions when I get my 3D printer (eventually).
Laser: 2x EleksMaker A3s
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2 / Sovol SV01
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 09:15:49 AM »
as I have the shop air comp nearby I will probably give it a go as I really want to gouge out the soot for deeper engraving.
Thanks for the info
=)
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560

MalcolmMP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 04:42:56 PM »
Hi Camera,

I really like the way you mounted that up. Any chance you'd be willing to make any of the original CAD files or drawings available? I'm looking to make a new piece that would mount similarly to the gantry but provide a mount for a drag chain and possibly some other goodies.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 07:36:34 PM »
Hi Camera,

I really like the way you mounted that up. Any chance you'd be willing to make any of the original CAD files or drawings available? I'm looking to make a new piece that would mount similarly to the gantry but provide a mount for a drag chain and possibly some other goodies.

Take a look at the first post. Looks like he posted the files on thingiverse
Laser: 2x EleksMaker A3s
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2 / Sovol SV01
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

nottingham82

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 09:08:18 PM »
thingiverse almost always just has the stl files.  The original cad files are often not shared but make it much easier to modify.  Some designers dont like to share those files but its always worth an ask.
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016

Camera

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 12:43:13 AM »
Hi Camera,

I used Fusion 360 for the design.  Which part you want the original design?  Please give me your email address so that I can send it to you.