Author Topic: Faber Castell brush tip pens  (Read 2268 times)

Stonemull

• View Profile
Faber Castell brush tip pens
« on: June 02, 2017, 04:27:58 AM »
Suitable pen maybe ?

I am not sure if you can change angel of the pen or pressure, but I did see you experimenting with fountain pens so I assume so.
I was looking for a pen for my plotter since plotter pens are rarer than unicorn dust nowadays and a recommendation was for the Faber-Castell PITT Artist pen series.

Having now tried one, most impressed, no deterioration of the tip after a 5 minute test anyway, apparently people are refilling these with india ink as well.

While I was at the store grabbing a small tip (marked with an S on the cap) they had another marked 'B' on the caps .. these are a brush tip, it is a very flexible pointy type tip.
You might want to grab one if you can change pen pressure on the fly.

She shows the pen tip .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2-jsI6Ausk though that one looks fatter and more flexxy than the standard artist pen.

the other thing I like is they are very light, the small tip I got is 6 grams with cap removed, my plotter gets cranky with weighty pens.

A3 Eleksmaker 2500mW
Solidoodle V2 Pro
Wanhao I3+ touch
Hacked Roland DXY-880
CNC3018 engraver
CNC Plasma (work in progress)

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Faber Castell brush tip pens
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 05:17:10 AM »
The EleksDraw should have had a way to tilt the pen, and I was really surprised they didn't given the Chinese writing art.

I've seen people modify it, not too difficult and use a fountain calligraphy pen but at a fixed angle. Those brush pens would be a great option, I plan to work more on the drawing side of things at some point (as well as the Egg designs).