Author Topic: Windows won't recognise driver  (Read 1650 times)

Camera

• View Profile
Windows won't recognise driver
« on: August 06, 2017, 04:40:08 AM »
Worked for several months and for unknown reason it didn't work today.  Windows 10 couldn't recognise the driver CH341SER.  I tried to install it and it all went well successful and under device manager still said unknown device.  Using Windows device Manager to install the driver and it said it couldn't.  Tried to use different USB ports, reboot the machine, still no use.  What's wrong?  Please help.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Windows won't recognise driver
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 04:47:40 AM »
This is a known problem, Windows has updated the driver for you and replaced it with one that doesn't work.

You can try to roll back the driver, but since you've tried to load over it that may not work now.

In T2Laser, go to the Help menu and click Install CH340 Driver. The USB needs to be connected, but that should fix it.

Camera

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 04:52:04 AM »
No it didn't work.  The driver either old or new drivers both didn't work.  It said Windows cannot start this hardware evice because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19).

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 08:11:21 AM »
It sounds like it's corrupted, which is why I thought re-installing would work. Can you manually replace the driver from driver manager?

Camera

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 04:25:24 PM »
I got the "setup" exe file and I also donwloaed some files CH341PT.DLL, CH341S64.SYS, CH341S98.SYS, ch341SER.CAT, CH341SER.INF, CH341SER.SYS, CH341SER.VXC.  Which is the driver?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 04:33:05 PM »
The easy answer is all of them, the inf is what you point to when installing.

Camera

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »
It is Windows' problem.  Not driver problem.  It works now after I deleted the USB driver and reinstall it (not the CH... driver).  Thanks for your help.