Author Topic: Modeling Software  (Read 7192 times)

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
Re: Modeling Software
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 06:42:59 PM »
Yes. What printer did you get?

When I got my printer, it turned out my card reader didn't work. Monoprice offered to replace my printer but I said no thanks. I don't like using ad cards anyway. I hooked a raspberry Pi running astroprint on it so I can monitor my printer anywhere
Laser: 2x EleksMaker A3s
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2 / Sovol SV01
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

pedwards2932

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 07:49:54 PM »
I got an ANET A8 the card reader works......since these jobs can take while I didn't want to use my laptop if the card will work...I'll use that.  Rasberry pi sounds interesting though.  Thanks for the info.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 08:20:22 PM »
I got an ANET A8 the card reader works......since these jobs can take while I didn't want to use my laptop if the card will work...I'll use that.  Rasberry pi sounds interesting though.  Thanks for the info.

I hear ya. That's why I went with the rpi

Take a look at octopi and Astro print. Both have weaknesses and strengths
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

effdub

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 08:36:35 PM »
Sketchup didn't make sense to me. Fusion360 is badass, but way too complicated for the simple stuff I need to do.

My favorite is TinkerCAD. It's very rudimentary, but also very easy to use for relatively simple but functional models.

OpenSCAD is also very awesome, but can take some time to understand. I find it most useful to start with an existing model's code and modify to my needs.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 05:05:40 AM »
Sketchup didn't make sense to me. Fusion360 is badass, but way too complicated for the simple stuff I need to do.

My favorite is TinkerCAD. It's very rudimentary, but also very easy to use for relatively simple but functional models.

OpenSCAD is also very awesome, but can take some time to understand. I find it most useful to start with an existing model's code and modify to my needs.

I thought the same thing about Fusion and TinkerCAD. I am now using fusion360 a lot more for my new designs, but tend to use tinkercad when modifying or merging stl files downloaded from thingiverse