Author Topic: Laser starting point on project  (Read 1490 times)

ericp502

• View Profile
Laser starting point on project
« on: September 27, 2017, 06:54:46 AM »
I have a Elekslaser 2.5W laser and I'm using the T2laser licensed software.  This is my first laser and I'm still trying to figure everything out.  I'm having trouble figuring out where the laser will actually start on a project.  Is there a way with the T2Laser software that I can use the laser's lower power mode, put the project piece where I want it to start and then kick the job off? 

Any tips on alignment?

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
Re: Laser starting point on project
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 07:43:01 AM »
Yes you can.

By default, the laser starts at the lower left corner of the project. You can change this in Settings --> Center or Corner start
On the control screen you can click "view" to see where the laser (orange dot) is in relation to the project.

Depending on your laser (2 or 3 wire), you can change the laser power on the control screen (default 255) to simulate a low power. If you are using a 3 wire laser, setting that value to 5 works well (at least for my 2.5w laser). 45 seems to work well for 2 wire lasers. Always wear your glasses until you are sure you will not get blinded.

Once you have the laser power set correctly, go to Machine --> Engrave Frame (Laser ON) and it will show up in low power to show you where the engraving will take place.
Laser: 2x EleksMaker A3s
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2 / Sovol SV01
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

ericp502

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:44:59 AM »
Awesome.  Thank you for the quick reply.  Will give it a try tonight.

laser_cutter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 11:50:43 AM »
while the laser may be posistioned in a certain location, I have found the laser will not start engraving in the lower left, it will go to upper right to start wngraving.

If I use diaganol engraving, the engraving will start lower left corner.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »
while the laser may be posistioned in a certain location, I have found the laser will not start engraving in the lower left, it will go to upper right to start wngraving.

If I use diaganol engraving, the engraving will start lower left corner.

TRUE
Laser: 2x EleksMaker A3s
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2 / Sovol SV01
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 12:20:48 PM »
Horizontal engraving should start upper left.