Author Topic: Putting a safety switch on the laser cover.  (Read 1239 times)

wild.bill

• Hey Laser Lips, Your mother was a snowblower
    • View Profile
Putting a safety switch on the laser cover.
« on: November 10, 2017, 01:42:22 PM »
For safety reason you want to make sure that the laser is never enabled when the door over the laser head is open. Reflections from the CO2 laser can cause serious damage to your eyes and its actually a very easy update.

You can see the micro switch in the attached picture. I used the normally open connections so they are closed when the cover is pressing down on the switch.

I took the switch and found a spot that the switch is pressed when the cover is closed. I marked where one of the screws would go and drilled a hole there. The I fastened the switch with the first screw moved it into position and marked the second drill spot. I swing the switch out of the way and drilled the second hole, moved the switch back and added the second screw. Oh I should say I soldered some wires to the switch before fitting it. After the switch was installed I ran the wires through a hole into the power supply compartment. I hooked the switch up in series with the other safety switches I installed.

Laser: was an A3 2.0w TTL L6/GRBL Z axis now 2'x3'
          OpenBuilds ACRO 510 w/ 2.0W TTL laser Cohesion Mini/Smoothie Z axis Homing switches
          K40 Cohesion Mini 60W LightObject LPS
          80W CO2 Red-Black 500x700

cool is simply a subjective state of mind