Author Topic: Getting rid of fumes  (Read 1793 times)

wild.bill

• Hey Laser Lips, Your mother was a snowblower
    • View Profile
Getting rid of fumes
« on: November 10, 2017, 02:20:33 PM »
With a CO2 laser you can create a lot of smoke and fumes that are not good to keep around. After I set the smoke detectors off a second time it was time to make some changes. The fan that comes with the K40 is junk and was not effective so I went and found some new parts. I found a 4" horn that fit the back of the K40 almost well enough to meet my needs Link here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NE59HE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The only problem is that it was a little loose on the back of the unit but I found an easy solution - a close pin - I took the spring out and put one on each side to hold it tight. You can see one side in the attached picture.

I than got a 90 degree elbow at ACE hardware and attached that onto the horn and them put an inline fan on to of the elbow -- LINK https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F7Q1K3W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I installed a dryer vent where one of my windows was to vent outside connecting them with 4" dryer hose from ACE. Having a good fan and solid connection to the K40 back works much better.
Laser: was an A3 2.0w TTL L6/GRBL Z axis now 2'x3'
          OpenBuilds ACRO 510 w/ 2.0W TTL laser Cohesion Mini/Smoothie Z axis Homing switches
          K40 Cohesion Mini 60W LightObject LPS
          80W CO2 Red-Black 500x700

cool is simply a subjective state of mind

kibodwin

• View Profile
Re: Getting rid of fumes
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 02:03:23 AM »
I too have the '2 bits of wood jammed into the metal slide' thing going on!!
I also used some cheap window sealer strip (double sided tape with a foam lining) around the edge to make a better seal.
Great minds...
=)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:16:21 AM by kibodwin »
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps

kibodwin

• View Profile
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps