Author Topic: Multiple Machines?  (Read 1434 times)

mattm58

• View Profile
Multiple Machines?
« on: November 27, 2017, 04:41:18 PM »
@Zax, two questions:

- Can multiple copies of T2 be run on one laptop controlling 2 machines?  I've currently got an A3 and have bought longer rails & wiring to enlarge it.  I'm now thinking I may want 2 machines, one standard size for smaller stuff and the bigger one for multiple hour/larger burns.  Just wondering if I can run both from one machine, having to buy a second laptop will definitely affect the decision.  :)

- I've also got one of the little NEJE 1.5w machines I use with a rotary jig to engrave pens.  Can T2 run one of those?  I'm currently just using the software that came with it, which I really have no issue with, it works, more of a curiosity question.

Thanks!
A3 2.5w with longer rails making it ~85cm x 40cm

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Multiple Machines?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 06:12:41 PM »
Yes you can run multiple instances of T2Laser. Iíve run 3 machines at a time on my laptop, just make sure the USB ports arenít on a hub as you can get conflicts but thatís due to the drivers not software.

I donít think the NEJE machines run Grbl so the answer is probably no, but I have never had one to test. If it runs something resembling Grbl it should work as my communication is pretty adaptive to what it receives and with multiple post processors thereís usually something that will work.

nottingham82

• View Profile
Re: Multiple Machines?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 06:18:10 PM »
I run 2 machines on 1 pc regularly.  works fine.
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleks maker
Software: T2
http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_290386.html Paid $160 in 2016