Author Topic: Benbox laser 3W, 2axis; motors not moving  (Read 2266 times)

dshafiq0

• View Profile
Benbox laser 3W, 2axis; motors not moving
« on: March 27, 2019, 11:52:53 PM »
The machien worked fine untill our children messed it up. I dont know what they did.
I did changed both drivers to drv8825, changed arduino nano, updated same firmware that worked previously on the nano. Motors do buzz but do not move. Laser is sometime full on, sometime full off. Please help me
I checked capacitors and resistors on the circuit board and those are fine. I am unable to check the irfu024n mosfet transistor. I check that adapter it is a 12V 3 Amp okay adapter.
Any help is highly appreciated The pic of my board is attached

dshafiq0

• View Profile
Re: Benbox laser 3W, 2axis; motors not moving
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 04:18:10 AM »
update: I successfully made is work with elekscam but I want to use it with benbox which is still not working. I also used xloader. Any help

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:37:08 AM »
Benbox requires the Benbox firmware which is a modified Grbl 0.8, you should be able to load it from the program.

dshafiq0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 03:50:33 AM »
thank you zax for your reply.
It started working using benbox as well.
I got a new problem however,
When I use button which shows printing area. It shows fine but when I start printing, laser starts firing at one point.
I thought it was voltage issue that can be corrected with driver. but motor is already getting very hot.
So, i want to cool motor as well as i want to get it working. Any suggestion?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 04:03:25 AM »
It sounds like you have a friction issue, disconnect the belts and make sure everything is smooth and moves freely. Then connect the belts and adjust them correctly.

If you have a volt meter I would suggest setting the stepper current correctly as either too high or low will cause this issue, it sounds like maybe you are set too high as the motors should not get hot.

dshafiq0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 04:46:10 AM »
Thankyou zax for your response.
With belts and every thing in place, y axis moves up and down on tiliting very smoothly. While x axis moves slightly sluggish but it also moves by itself. loosing it will add play to the machine which can affect result. what do you suggest? I am using only four bearings on x axis to reduce friction.

dshafiq0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 05:55:21 AM »
Brother I have opened whole system, its frictionless and adjusted it properly.
I have adjusted it by rotating potentiometer to minimum where motor moves properly. It is the same place where it was previously.
But motor is getting very hot.
Second thing that i have observed is "During on state, it is very hard to move x axis motor, which is getting hot. while y axis motors both can be moved collectively by applying lower force that is required to move one x axis motor.
I have measured voltage between ground and potentiometer of x-axis which is 0.4V while that of y axis is 0.7 volts.
Is there a possibility of current adjustment? How to do that/

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 07:47:35 AM »
I can't help you with how Benbox works but my T2Laser software/firmware shuts the motors off when not being driven but you can choose to keep them "active" in the menu if you are worried about losing the position. I recommend home switches so it's always possible to get the exact position back even if the machine is bumped.

Those voltages are correct so if it's getting hot something else is wrong.

dshafiq0

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 08:01:09 AM »
Thankyou so much zax, I am happy with the forum support and probably the motor is going to die.  :-[
I will try t2 software as well. Can i get a link for that and for firmware for that?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 08:09:24 AM »
It's in my signature and the firmware is included.