Author Topic: Acrylic laser mounts, can we find the parts online or just modify?  (Read 1246 times)

dindunuffin

• Not even bright enough to participate in forum.
    • View Profile
Well, here we go again, with my TTL laser upgrade.  After a long discussion regarding the wiring and obtaining the TTL signal, I go to mount the laser and it doesn't fit the mount. I know, I'm going at this assbackwards, I should have checked the fit first.

Anyway, the new laser is larger and the mounting holes are not in the same position on the mount.    Before I go making a new mount,  I thought I'd pass it by you guys. It seems simple hobby grade plywood would be the easiest and least expensive to make a new mount.  I guess if could find some acrylic sheeting, and if could find a fab lab with a large laser to cut it, but that seems like a lot of trouble and expense for a laser mount. My only concern with making it myself is the precise of drilling holes vs. laser cutting holes. 

Would you just make another mount, try to modify the one i have, or do you know a good parts supplier, where I might find one that would fit this laser? When I purchased the laser unit I forgot about the Chinese and their use of standards.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 08:16:51 AM by dindunuffin »

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Acrylic laser mounts, can we find the parts online or just modify?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 08:51:17 AM »
Another option is to drill and tap the laser heat sink.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

dindunuffin

• Not even bright enough to participate in forum.
    • View Profile
Re: Acrylic laser mounts, can we find the parts online or just modify?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 07:35:03 PM »
I think I do have a small hobby tap somewhere. If I can find it, I will see if I can do it.