Author Topic: Laser Continuous open.  (Read 4912 times)

RickAlex

• View Profile
Re: Laser Continuous open.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 01:50:37 PM »
The non-pwm version did solve the laser always being on. I was using T2Laser to do a couple tests, photos attached. The laser was always on from the second I hit start. The A is on cardboard, the hammer is on wood.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 04:36:32 PM »
When you connect is the laser off?

Does it turn on and off with the manual laser buttons?

Do you have the Laser D12 post processor selected?

Is laser min set to 0?

RickAlex

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 10:06:05 AM »
The post processor setting fixed the issue. I still have some tweaking to do. Could you direct me to a tutorial on alignment? I can't seem to set a home point. Engraves start in random spots each time... My next project I want to do large letters one at a time and ensure they are aligned properly.

Thanks Zax
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:09:26 AM by RickAlex »

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 10:26:23 AM »
Right click the house icon and you should see the work piece coordinates change to 0,0. If not, first check you don't have machine coordinates enabled (you'll see a * next to the values) and if that's not the issue click Reset Grbl Positions in the Machine menu.

OK, so now assuming the work piece origin is set (0,0) that will correspond to the job origin or start position. You can check that in the simulation "view", it's the orange dot.

If after engraving it's not returning to the origin you may have a mechanical issue resulting in lost steps, usually a result of friction or possible motor current being too low.