Author Topic: My engraver got trouble  (Read 1721 times)

Camera

• View Profile
My engraver got trouble
« on: February 25, 2020, 02:14:40 AM »
Having been asking questions here for quite a long time.

My machine was working fine until I did something stupid.  I unplugged the x-axis and plug in a stand alone motor to play with T2 Laser's rotary function.  Of course it didn't work.  I plugged back to the original settings.  All of sudden, all motors didn't work (not moving at all).  After messing around in T2 Laser, it worked again and I forgot what I have done.  Now the laser was always on (of course, I have switched off it on the board) and in full power.  Well I will try to play again tomorrow.  I am tired now.  If anybody knows how to solve this problem, please let me know.  It will save me a lot of time.

Thanks.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: My engraver got trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 04:06:03 AM »
Providing you were not unplugging the stepper motors while powered this would not cause any problems. I don't know what else you may have done but enabling and disabling rotary and mode doesn't change firmware, it only updates the Grbl parameters so also very safe. Sorry I don't know what could be the problem here.

Hokuro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 12:17:01 PM »
you can do the reset of t2laser
my english is very bad, please be patient. :)

Camera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 05:10:47 PM »
I have reset T2 and nothing change.

The laser is on only when I connect it with the computer (without T2 running).  Does that mean the main board is gone?

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 05:47:44 PM »
You run a terminal emulator and issue g-code commands directly to the laser.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Camera

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 03:04:23 AM »
You run a terminal emulator and issue g-code commands directly to the laser.

How to do it, terminal emulator?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 05:41:51 AM »
Is this a 2 wire laser?

If so the MOSFET is shorted and you either need to replace it or get a new controller board.

If the laser is a 3-wire TTL then most likely the Nano is bad or the firmware is corrupt.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 07:01:56 AM »
teraterm is a free terminal emulator for Windows. gtkterm for Linux. You may need (want) to enable local echo and CR/LF.

With it you issue raw commands to the controller. It does not support delete or backspace. Example:

$$                                                 Display all parameters
G0 X10 Y10 F200                        Move the laser to position 10,10

Get the list of GRBL commands online. The laser power is via the spindle. You enable/disable the spindle with (M03/M05) and set the power level with the spindle speed (Sxxx). There are a few safety/interlock features that may be enabled that will inhibit operation till they are satisfied.

There are other lower level G-CODE programs out there that support manual operation.

You can remove the NANO form the controller for testing without motors or laser. You can also purchase replacement CPU boards and load the grbl firmware. I suspect if you fixture doesn't play with T2 you will need some replacement hardware.

SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.